Music, dance, food and other cultural displays from around the world will return to Lake Anne Plaza on Saturday, Sept. 24 at the Reston Multicultural Festival.
The Reston Multicultural Festival is a celebration of the diversity and community spirit found in Reston. This annual event brings together the people of Reston to celebrate the rich medley of cultures.
Everyone is encouraged to dress in attire representative of their cultural background.
Some of the day’s highlights:
- Naturalization Ceremony, with some of the area’s newest citizens from about a dozen countries.
- National Heritage Award Fellows: Billy McComiskey, Irish accordionist
- The Sherman Holmes Project with George Kilby and Phil Wiggins, gospel and blues legends
- International Book Fair – New this year and featuring a reading The Centipede Dragon by author Alice Y. Chen
- Kimono Fashion Show
- Dragon Dance Performance
- Arts & Crafts
- “Art Mirrors Culture” Exhibit
- Music, dance, drumming and other entertainment
- Delicious food for sale
The free festival will run from Lake 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., rain or shine.
Note: There will be no Reston Farmers Market at Lake Anne on Sept. 24.
The festival is sponsored by Reston Community Center and hosted by Lake Anne Plaza. There will be performance lineup posted when the event gets closer.