(Updated, 11:30 a.m. – A previous version of the story said the shooting occurred at Cedar Ridge Apartments. The correct address was at Colvin Woods Apartments)
Fairfax County Police are investigating a report that shots were fired in the 11100 block of Becontree Drive on Tuesday night.
Police were called to the area about 9:12 p.m. after reports of several people arguing in the parking lot of Colvin Woods Apartments.
While police were en route, they received several reports of gunshots at the same location. Several vehicles were seen leaving the area after the shots were heard, police said.
When officers arrived on the scene, there were no people or vehicles. One officer found an unspent round (bullet) on the ground.
Police dispatched the Fairfax 1 helicopter and a police Bloodhound to assist with the investigation. The dog tracked to an area where witnesses saw several people get into vehicles and quickly leave the area. There are no specific suspect descriptions available, but the investigation is ongoing, police said.
In other police news this week:
- 1800 block of Cameron Glen Drive, license plates from vehicle
- 11900 block of Freedom Drive, laptop computers from business
- 2200 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, merchandise from business
- 1700 block of Business Center Drive, watch from business
- 13100 block of Curved Iron Road, cash from residence
- 1800 block of Cameron Glen Drive, wallet from residence
- 2500 block of James Monroe Circle, cash from residence
1800 block of Library Street, 2005 Audi A4 sedan