The Reston Association Board of Directors is seeking candidates for the position of treasurer.
The board’s treasurer works with RA’s professional staff. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Monitoring and reporting to the board as needed with respect to association funds and securities
- Ensuring that full and accurate financial records and books of account are kept and that all financial data are prepared
- Coordinating regularly with the association’s chief financial officer
- Serving as a voting member of the Fiscal Committee and Board Operations Committee
- Providing financial guidance, as needed, during monthly board meetings
According an announcement of the position on RA’s website, the treasurer is expected to work about 15 hours per month.
The board’s current treasurer is Dannielle LaRosa, who is also the director from the North Point District. LaRosa is stepping down from her seat on the board, with her time set to expire April 11. Though the current treasurer is also a member of the Board of Directors, it is not an elected position and it can be held by any member of the community in good standing.
The board voted at its March 23 meeting to put out the call for treasurer applicants as LaRosa leaves; however, LaRosa can apply to potentially be reappointed, RA communications director Mike Leone said.
“It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you guys,” LaRosa said at the meeting. “I would love to be treasurer again… but really, I’d like for whoever the best person is to be the treasurer.”
Anyone interesting in applying for the position is encouraged to submit a resume and a letter of interest by May 19 to Sabrina Tadele, the board’s assistant secretary, at [email protected].