The “Take A Break” summer concert series at Lake Anne Plaza will feature shows every Thursday night from June 15 to Sept. 14.
The free concerts are presented by Reston Community Center in cooperation with MSE Productions. In addition to the music, four of the nights on the schedule (June 15, July 13, Aug. 3 and Aug. 10) are designated as “Dance Nights” that will include dance demonstrations and instruction to accompany the tunes.
The full schedule of concerts includes:
- June 15: Radio King Orchestra (big band) with swing dance instruction
- June 22: Sweater Set (contemporary folk)
- June 29: Origem (Brazilian jazz with a twist)
- July 6: Mystic Warriors (world music)
- July 13: Cedar Creek (country) with line dancing instruction
- July 20: Cheick Hamala Diabate (traditional West African music of Mali mixed with modern grooves)
- July 27: Four Star Combo (rockabilly)
- Aug. 3: Fresh Air (party dance hits) with no dance instructors
- Aug. 10: Mambo Combo (Latin) with dance instruction
- Aug. 17: Iona (Celtic)
- Aug. 24: Anthony Swamp Dog (funk blues)
- Aug. 31: Uptown Vocal Jazz Quartet (jazz)
- Sept. 7: The Barretones (bluegrass)
- Sept. 14: Texas Chainsaw Horns (R&B)
Each concert is scheduled for 7-9 p.m.