The “Take A Break” summer concert series at Lake Anne Plaza will feature shows every Thursday night from June 15 to Sept. 14.
The free concerts are presented by Reston Community Center in cooperation with MSE Productions. In addition to the music, four of the nights on the schedule (June 15, July 13, Aug. 3 and Aug. 10) are designated as “Dance Nights” that will include dance demonstrations and instruction to accompany the tunes.
The full schedule of concerts includes:
- June 15: Radio King Orchestra (big band) with swing dance instruction
- June 22: Sweater Set (contemporary folk)
- June 29: Origem (Brazilian jazz with a twist)
- July 6: Mystic Warriors (world music)
- July 13: Cedar Creek (country) with line dancing instruction
- July 20: Cheick Hamala Diabate (traditional West African music of Mali mixed with modern grooves)
- July 27: Four Star Combo (rockabilly)
- Aug. 3: Fresh Air (party dance hits) with no dance instructors
- Aug. 10: Mambo Combo (Latin) with dance instruction
- Aug. 17: Iona (Celtic)
- Aug. 24: Anthony Swamp Dog (funk blues)
- Aug. 31: Uptown Vocal Jazz Quartet (jazz)
- Sept. 7: The Barretones (bluegrass)
- Sept. 14: Texas Chainsaw Horns (R&B)
Each concert is scheduled for 7-9 p.m.
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Embarking on the holiday season demands…
Gov. Glenn Youngkin announces a “Building Blocks for Virginia Families” plan to increase funding for early childhood education (Official Photo by Christian Martinez, Office of Governor Glenn Youngkin) With the…
A renovation of Lake Thoreau pool has been completed (courtesy Reston Association/YouTube) The renovation of Reston’s Lake Thoreau pool has officially been completed in time for the 2024 pool season….