Students will be returning to school later this month, much to their chagrin but maybe not so much for their parents. With that will come the shortening of pool hours, the ends of summer concert series and outdoor movies, and all other summer staples. The weather will become cooler, the leaves will turn and we’ll enter our next season.
But there’s still a long time before that! Make sure to enjoy the long days and the beautiful weather while you can and keep building memories.
Speaking of memories, you’ll likely remember these posts that have received the most clicks on Reston Now since last Friday:
- ‘Hate Has No Home Here’ Sign Causes Controversy at Orchard Green
- Crime: A Look at the July Incident Reports from FCPD’s Reston District Station
- Reston Association Leaders To Initiate Talks with Boston Properts About Town Center Parking
- Hundreds Take Advantage of Free Lunch Offer as Cava Opens in Reston
- Op-Ed: County’s Doomed High-Density Residential Development Strategy
Feel free to discuss these topics and anything else that happened locally this week.
Enjoy the weekend!
File photo via Flickr
The widening of Elden Street from four to six lanes — a roughly $40.6 million project — is expected to begin in late 2022. The Virginia Department of Transportation plans…
A local mental health practice is on the move. Dr. Goldberg & Associates plans to open move into a larger location by Nov. 1, a business representative tells Reston Now….
Thank you for subscribing and your continued support of local news.
A Food Lion in Herndon (via Google Maps) Fairfax County’s new plastic bag tax, set to take effect on Jan. 1, drew both support and opposition from the supermarket industry….