Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar. Know of other events in the area? Comment below.
- The newly opened Nando’s PERi PERi at 12120 Sunset Hills Road is hosting a grand opening on Saturday. All sales will be donated to the bands of South Lakes High School and Herndon High School. The store is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The Reston Farmers Market will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Lake Anne Village Center.
- Remove English ivy at South Shore Road on Saturday from 10 a.m. through noon. Volunteers will dig roots with small tools and pulls vines until the area is cleared from a section of the woods. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Follow the Habitat Heroes signs for directions. For details on how to register as a volunteer, visit RA’s website.
- Create Thanksgiving centerpieces at the Walker Nature Center (11540 Glade Drive) from 10:30 a.m. through noon on Saturday. All materials are provided. Children must be accompanied by a registered adult.
- Herndon High School Theatre presents “Twelfth Night” today from 7:30 – 10 p.m. and on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. at the school’s auditorium. Tickets are $6 for students and $12 for adults.
- Learn techniques in metalworking, material manipulation and beading at the Greater Reston Arts Center from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday. The event is for attendees ages 18 and up. The fee is $45 for residents and $55 for all others.
- Enjoy a ride on Engine $62 of the Resources Railroad at Lake Fairfax Park on Saturday between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Create your own Thanksgiving-themed craft to take home. The cost if $5 and the Fairfax County Park Authority will be collecting non-perishable food items for a local food bank.
- The Martin Luther King, Jr. Church will have a one-day Christmas Bazaar on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 11140 North Shore Drive.
- Meanwhile, the 8th annual tree lighting festival kicks off this Saturday from 3 – 4 p.m. at the Village at Leesburg Shopping Center. Attendees are encouraged to bring donations for the Toys for Tots program.
- Harry Butwosky will present a six-part lecture series on the years between World War I and World World II from 2 to 4 p.m. at Reston Library on Sunday.
- On Sunday, Ingrid King discusses her books and a hodgepodge of topics ranging from lessons learned from pets and cat health. The event will take place at Scrawl Books (11862 Market St.) from 4 – 6 p.m.
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning is in effect for Fairfax County. The National Weather Service issued the alert shortly after 5 p.m., warning of 60 mph wind gusts and quarter-sized hail:…
The weekend is almost here. Before you crank up the air-conditioning, or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County. Here are…
The proposed redevelopment of an aging Residence Inn in the Town of Herndon is barreling toward a final approval before the Herndon Town Council this month. The property owner, identified…
Clyde’s of Reston, an American bar and restaurant, will permanently close its doors tomorrow, ending 31 years of business in Reston Town Center. But even as it auctions off iconic…