A light layer of snow in the morning, which greeted some with disappointment today, will likely become thicker, forecasters say.
A blend of snow, sleet and freezing drizzle is expected to transform into snow later today. A blanket of three to seven inches is possible, with a high near 33 and a low of 27. Snow is expected to taper off before 11 p.m. Tomorrow’s partly sunny conditions may melt some snow away.
Local county entities are taking no chances on the snow despite a slow start this morning. Fairfax County Public Schools and Fairfax County government offices are closed today.
Here’s a roundup of other snow-related closures:
- Reston Community Center – closed
- Reston Association – closed
- Fairfax County Circuit Court – closed
- Fairfax County Circuit Court
- The Walker Nature Center – closed
- Reston Regional Library – pending
- Metro – operating on modified schedule
- Fairfax Connector – operating on Saturday service schedules
6:00 AM: A band of heavy snow is lifting northeast that will quickly make travel hazardous. Temperatures are below freezing in most locations, so exercise caution even if precipitation is light. pic.twitter.com/yWoXFqzqYG
— NWS DC/Baltimore (@NWS_BaltWash) March 21, 2018
This post will be updated.