Fairfax County government offices and libraries are closed tomorrow (July 4) for the independence day holiday. Here’s a roundup of what you need to know as we head into the holiday:
- Reston Community Center Hunters Woods: Open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Reston Association headquarters: Closed
- Reston Association Central Services Facility: Closed
- Reston Association pools: Open
- Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center: Open from 6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Reston Community Center Lake Anne: Closed
- Frying Pan Farm Park: Open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fairfax Connector: Operates on Saturday schedule
- Circuit Court: Closed
- General District Court: Closed
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court: Closed
- County trash and recycling collection: Contact trash and recycling collector directly for service schedule changes
There are plenty of local options to catch fireworks shows in the area.
With the D.C. area’s summer heat in full swing, local organizers worry that there are too few options for unhoused residents in the county to cool down. Last month, the…
A car crashed into a utility pole on the 900 block of Herndon Parkway yesterday (Wednesday) evening, resulting in an ongoing, hours-long road closure. Shortly before 5 p.m., a driver…
Arts agencies from Fairfax County, Arlington and Alexandria are forming a supergroup. Unveiled Monday (Aug. 8), the newly created Northern Virginia Local Arts Agencies (NVLAA) consists of ArtsFairfax, the Alexandria…