Fairfax County government offices and libraries are closed tomorrow (July 4) for the independence day holiday. Here’s a roundup of what you need to know as we head into the holiday:
- Reston Community Center Hunters Woods: Open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Reston Association headquarters: Closed
- Reston Association Central Services Facility: Closed
- Reston Association pools: Open
- Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center: Open from 6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Reston Community Center Lake Anne: Closed
- Frying Pan Farm Park: Open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fairfax Connector: Operates on Saturday schedule
- Circuit Court: Closed
- General District Court: Closed
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court: Closed
- County trash and recycling collection: Contact trash and recycling collector directly for service schedule changes
There are plenty of local options to catch fireworks shows in the area.
Monday, October 18 Climate Change: Preparing for the New Normal in Virginia (5 p.m.) — Jim Kinter, a George Mason University professor and director of its Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies,…
Inova Bloodmobile (via Inova Blood Donor Services/Facebook) Local blood supplies have reached critically low levels, creating a potential crisis with hospitals operating at maximum capacity, Inova Health Systems reports. The…
Reduced Metro Service Today — Expect reduced Metro service today as the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority investigates the recent Blue Line derailment. Metro is holding all of its 7000-series…
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Pet of the Week: Bear who, after living outside…