5. Back in March, a lockdown at several schools following a report of a student with a gun gained 10,386 pageviews. Police said the report of a student with a gun at South Lakes High School turned out to be false.
4. Another school-related story was popular with 12,198 pageviews. In February South Lakes High School students staged a walkout in the aftermath of the aftermath of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida that killed 17 people.
3. A story about a car that crashed into the Trader Joe’s on Killingsworth Avenue in January garnered 13,760 pageviews. The building’s bricks sustained some damage. No injuries were reported.
2. A roundup of the businesses that left Reston Town Center this year brought in 13,942 pageviews. While a handful of places opened in RTC in 2018, nearly twice as many closed, with several small shops pointing to paid parking as a reason driving the closures.
1. The top story of the year — at 16,511 pageviews — was about a 71-year-old woman who died after getting hit by a car at the intersection of Reston Parkway and Bluemont Way. According to passersby, a mangled baby stroller was visible at the location of the incident.
It’s been quite a year, and we look forward to bringing you more stories in 2019.
The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area. We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit…
Fairfax County Public Schools and six other school divisions, most of them in Northern Virginia, have sued to stop Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s order that makes face masks optional in schools….
Driver Charged in Crash that Killed Reston Woman — Police have charged a Manassas man with driving under the influence and involuntary manslaughter in connection with a car crash that…
Amid a holiday weekend helping to commemorate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., here are the top stories on Reston Now this week. Police: Prisoner with life sentence confesses…