Apple is bringing the beats to its Reston Town Center store tomorrow.
People can sign up to explore how to make beats in GarageBand, a digital audio workstation, on iPads. Producer Swizz Beatz and “Apple Creatives” will show participants how to create their own vibes, ranging from hip-hop to EDM to R&B beats.
People can bring their own iPads or have one provided to them.
The event runs from 3-4:40 p.m. at 11949 Market Street.
Tomorrow (March 23)
- All Gardeners’ Meeting (10 a.m.-noon) — All users of community garden plots in Reston can attend the annual All Gardeners’ meeting at the Reston Association’s headquarters. The meeting will include discussions on soil management, gardening with return on investments and gardening tips.
- Dog Tales (10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.) — Kids ages 5 to 12 can read to a trained therapy dog for 15-minute sessions at the Herndon Fortnightly Library. Kids can bring their own books or choose one from the library.
- Fundamentals of Figure Drawing (2:30-4:30 p.m.) — Participants can pay $200 for an eight-week drawing at ArtSpace Herndon. This week’s session, taught by John Koebert, will focus on human figure drawing using a live model in the studio.
Sunday (March 24)
- Walk or run (8 a.m.) — The Reston Runners will go on a 3- and 6-mile walk and a 10-mile run. The group will meet at North Point Village Center.
- History of World War II (2-4 p.m.) — Harry Butowsky from George Mason University will present the second part of his six-part lecture series at the Reston Regional Library.
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Voting for Reston Association’s Board of Directors’ election closes on March 31. This year, 10 candidates are vying for five seats on the…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Are you looking for a fun…
Fairfax County Government Center (file photo) The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors isn’t holding a public hearing on its proposed salary increases until Tuesday (March 21), but some county workers…
(Updated at 10:45 a.m. on 3/18/2023) Fairfax County is in the midst of deciding where nearly $25 million in funding for pedestrian and bicyclists improvements will be allocated. After combing…