No major crime incidents were reported this week in Herndon and Reston, continuing another week of lull on the crime front.
Local police did investigate a report of a gunshot on April 30.
One round was shot into the ground on the 1500 block of Cameron Crescent Drive, according to the Fairfax County Police Department.
No one was injured. FCPD also reported other minor incidents in recent days:
11400 block of Gate Hill Place, personal items from vehicle
13100 block of Kidwell Field Road, bicycle from residence
11900 block of Market Street, phone from business
11200 block of Silentwood Lane, package from residence
Countywide, FCPD is reminding residents to take safety precautions when they go outside after two women were assaulted on Centreville walking trails last month:
- Run, jog or walk in areas that are familiar to you.
- If you are walking in an unfamiliar location, bring a friend along with you.
- Avoid running, jogging or walking in a poorly lit or secluded area or after dark.
- Tell someone where you’ll be and share your GPS location with them.
- Do not wear headphones or earbuds.
- Switch up your route and pattern so your actions aren’t predictable.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
Reston Association headquarters (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association has adopted a new strategic plan that aims to continue the vision of Reston’s founder Bob Simon over the next…
Updated at 3:55 p.m. — Fairfax Connector service will stay suspended at least through this weekend (Feb. 24-25) as drivers and mechanics continue their strike, the Fairfax County Department of Transportation…
FCPS Central Office in Merrifield (staff photo by James Jarvis) Fairfax County Public Schools is seeking a solution to its ballooning student meal debt, which soared over the past year….
A turkey vulture in flight in the West Ox Road area (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Cell Phone Service Restored After Outage — Phone service has been restored after a…