No major crime incidents were reported this week in Herndon and Reston, continuing another week of lull on the crime front.
Local police did investigate a report of a gunshot on April 30.
One round was shot into the ground on the 1500 block of Cameron Crescent Drive, according to the Fairfax County Police Department.
No one was injured. FCPD also reported other minor incidents in recent days:
11400 block of Gate Hill Place, personal items from vehicle
13100 block of Kidwell Field Road, bicycle from residence
11900 block of Market Street, phone from business
11200 block of Silentwood Lane, package from residence
Countywide, FCPD is reminding residents to take safety precautions when they go outside after two women were assaulted on Centreville walking trails last month:
- Run, jog or walk in areas that are familiar to you.
- If you are walking in an unfamiliar location, bring a friend along with you.
- Avoid running, jogging or walking in a poorly lit or secluded area or after dark.
- Tell someone where you’ll be and share your GPS location with them.
- Do not wear headphones or earbuds.
- Switch up your route and pattern so your actions aren’t predictable.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
Students walking to Van Metre Hall It’s not too late to enroll for the fall semester! The Arlington-based Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University has extended…
Memorial Day weekend is almost here. Before you start planning how to spend the holiday or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in…
Herndon will have to wait a little longer to see whether the local Residence Inn will be redeveloped into residential units. At a Herndon Town Council meeting on Tuesday (May 24),…
Memorial Day weekend is upon us. While there will be plenty of activities to keep Fairfax County occupied, the holiday also means closures and schedule changes on Monday (May 30)…