Reston Community Center’s leadership is looking ahead to new initiatives by 2021, including launching a comprehensive community survey, redesigning its website, and the completion of the Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center.
At its annual meeting this month, RCC’s leadership presented highlights, challenges, and ongoing plans for the coming years. Initiatives in the works include the following:
- Scheduling accreditation visit and achieving Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA) accreditation
- Continuing to explore new performing arts venues and plan for capital reinvestment in existing facilities
- Building community awareness, pride and cohesion
- Move programming closer to Reston residents and employees
- Launching a comprehensive community survey by next month
The ongoing renovation of the aquatics center is expected to be completed by October. The most difficult aspect of the project — timing of materials and crews, as well as hiring and training — lies ahead.
RCC is governed by a nine-member board appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors.
Rendering via Reston Community Center