This week’s Summerbration Fun Brunch will bring Cello Fury to Reston for a free concert.
Self-described as “a cello rock powerhouse featuring three cellists and a drummer,” Cello Fury performs original music combining cello sounds with rock beats.
The performance will take place at Reston Station Plaza from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Sunday.
Parking is free on weekends in the Metro parking garage.
Tomorrow (June 29)
- Síneadh Fada with Foley Academy of Irish Dance (11 a.m.-1 p.m.) — Enjoy free Irish dancing outside the Jahn Building atop Wiehle-Reston East Metro.
- Bookworms Club (11 a.m.) — This book club for young readers meets regularly on Saturdays at Scrawl Books.
Sunday (June 30)
- Guesstimation Game (all day) — Preschoolers to sixth graders can learn how to guesstimate at the Herndon Fortnightly Library.
- Reston Runners (7 a.m.) — The Reston Runners will meet at the Lake Anne Village Center for 3- and 6- mile walks, 10- and 17-mile runs and a 12-mile trail run.
- Sunday Art in the Park: Two Bass Hit (7-8 p.m.) — Professor of Bass Donovan Stokes will lead a diverse program of jazz, gypsy jazz and other international music for two basses at the corner of Market and Explorer streets in Reston Town Center. The event is free and open to all
Photo via Cello Fury/Facebook
By the water at Reston’s Lake Anne Plaza (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Lake Anne’s plaza will once again spring to life this summer with concerts. Lake Anne Live! —…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Get ready to make this summer…
Some trees line Leesburg Pike (Route 7) in Idylwood (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) In an effort to reduce heat islands in vulnerable communities, the Fairfax County Department of Public…
A new neighborhood park is officially open at Reston Station (courtesy EYA) A new neighborhood park is officially online at Reston Station just in time for the summer — although…