St. Anne’s Episcopal Church will host a book sale to help immigrants at the border on Sunday (July 21).
All proceeds from the event will go to the Refugees and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services.
Only cash will be accepted during the sale, which runs from 1-4 p.m. The church is located at 1700 Wainwright Drive.
Tomorrow (July 20)
- Butterfly Count (9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Help count butterflies in the national areas of Reston and learn tips on identification. Data will be submitted to the North American Butterfly Association for inclusion in their Fourth of July Butterfly Count report.
- Otto the Auto (10:30-11:30 a.m.) — Otto the talking car gives kids lessons on traffic safety. The event is geared toward children between ages three and six.
- Family Fun Entertainment Series (10-10:45 a.m.) — Turley the Magician offers entertainment and itneractive magic at Reston Town Square Park. The event is free for all ages.
- Children’s Friendship Afternoon Tea (1-4 p.m.) — Scrawl Books hosts its very first childrens’ tea at Elden Street Tea Shop. The event also includes an affordable trunk show with American Girl authors reading at each afternoon tea sitting.
- Survivor Girl Launch Party (5-7 p.m.) — Celebrate the lunch of a middle-grade novel, “The Friendship Experiment,” at the Walker Nature Ceter. Writer Erin Teagen will host the party and introduce her new book.
- Books Alive (2:30-3:15 p.m.) — Students will explore age-appropriate stories through creative drama at Reston Regional Library. Registration is required for this event.
Sunday (July 21)
- Summerbration Fun Brunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Enjoy interactive theater at Reston Station Plaza. The event is free and open for all ages. Parking is free on weekend in the Metro Parking garage.
- Sunday Art in the Park with GRACE (5:30-7:30 p.m.) — Greater Reston Arts Center partners with Reston Community Center to offer creative activities at Reston Town Square Park.
- Sunday Art in the Park (7-8 p.m.) — Robert Larson, a professor of jazz, joins special guests for an evening of jazz trio standards at Reston Town Square Park. The event is presented by Reston Community Center and Reston Town Center Association.
- Family Dive-In Movie (8:30-10:15 p.m.) — RA pass holders can come to the Dogwood Recreation Area for free pool-side movies. Registration is not required and the event will be cancelled in the event of rain or possible rain.
Photo by Ray Copson
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Reston Vietnam vet discovers his old helicopter at Smithsonian…
Despite a few days’ delay, Red Velvet Bakery and Little Beast Bistro are now set to open at Reston Town Center West on Saturday (September 18). Initially planning to open…
A solar energy-powered lamp post (via Sandra Parra/Unsplash) Fairfax County has committed to becoming carbon-neutral by 2050, and now, it has a plan to achieve that goal. The Fairfax County…
A furnished 1 BD/1 BA condo was recently listed for rent. The renovated unit comes with assigned garage parking.