Reston Community Center, which organizes the yearly event, hopes the festival will honor the community’s diversity and exemplify Reston founder Bob Simon’s vision for inclusivity in Northern Virginia.
“At the Reston Multicultural Festival each year, people enjoy the fruits of that inclusive and celebratory approach to building community,” said RCC executive director Leila Gordon.
The festival kicks off at 11 a.m. with a naturalization ceremony and a performance by New Line Brass Band at 12:15. p.m. A series of performances will following the show by the band, including dance and music from countries like India, Bolivia, Japan and Ireland.
This year’s festival also features two fellows from the National Endowment for the Arts: Cajun musician Michael Doucet and African American storyteller Linda Gross. Doucet performs on the world stage from 12:45 p.m.. to 1:30 p.m. and Goss performs at the gallery stage from 1:45 to 2 p.m.
- A Southern Fish Fry (Food Trailer): Fried Fish, Fried Shrimp, French Fries, North Carolina Barbecue Ribs
- Colonial Kettle Corn (Food Trailer): Kettle Corn, Water
- Danibelle’s Lebanese Cuisine LLC (Food Truck): Chicken Shawarma, Falafel, Kafta Sandwich, Hummus, Tabouleh Salad, Fries, Soft Drinks
- Del Sur Baked Goods: Peruvian: Peruvian Empanadas
- E-San Food and Drinks: Asian: Pad Thai, Fried Rice, Egg Rolls, Lo-Mein, Chicken Teriyaki, Lemonades, Thai Ice Tea, Sugarcane Juice
- Lake Anne Plaza Market & Deli: Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas
- Lets Get Twisted Potato: Fried Twisted Potato on a Stick
- Nitro Creamery: Homemade Ice Cream and Gelato
- Reston Association: Hot Dogs, Cotton Candy, Popcorn, Chips
- Taste of the World Restaurant: Fried Rice, Teriyaki Chicken, Panang Curry Chicken, Fried Tofu, Curry Puff, Beverages
Free parking is available at the upper and lower lots at Lake Anne Plaza, on North Shore Drive, and off-site at Brown’s Chapel.
The event is hosted by Lake Anne Plaza and co-sponsored by Reston Association.
Photo via RCC
Learn why a federal employee should hire a federal employment lawyer when needed in the latest Legal Insider.
Monday, October 18 Climate Change: Preparing for the New Normal in Virginia (5 p.m.) — Jim Kinter, a George Mason University professor and director of its Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies,…
Inova Bloodmobile (via Inova Blood Donor Services/Facebook) Local blood supplies have reached critically low levels, creating a potential crisis with hospitals operating at maximum capacity, Inova Health Systems reports. The…
Reduced Metro Service Today — Expect reduced Metro service today as the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority investigates the recent Blue Line derailment. Metro is holding all of its 7000-series…