Reston Community Center, which organizes the yearly event, hopes the festival will honor the community’s diversity and exemplify Reston founder Bob Simon’s vision for inclusivity in Northern Virginia.
“At the Reston Multicultural Festival each year, people enjoy the fruits of that inclusive and celebratory approach to building community,” said RCC executive director Leila Gordon.
The festival kicks off at 11 a.m. with a naturalization ceremony and a performance by New Line Brass Band at 12:15. p.m. A series of performances will following the show by the band, including dance and music from countries like India, Bolivia, Japan and Ireland.
This year’s festival also features two fellows from the National Endowment for the Arts: Cajun musician Michael Doucet and African American storyteller Linda Gross. Doucet performs on the world stage from 12:45 p.m.. to 1:30 p.m. and Goss performs at the gallery stage from 1:45 to 2 p.m.
- A Southern Fish Fry (Food Trailer): Fried Fish, Fried Shrimp, French Fries, North Carolina Barbecue Ribs
- Colonial Kettle Corn (Food Trailer): Kettle Corn, Water
- Danibelle’s Lebanese Cuisine LLC (Food Truck): Chicken Shawarma, Falafel, Kafta Sandwich, Hummus, Tabouleh Salad, Fries, Soft Drinks
- Del Sur Baked Goods: Peruvian: Peruvian Empanadas
- E-San Food and Drinks: Asian: Pad Thai, Fried Rice, Egg Rolls, Lo-Mein, Chicken Teriyaki, Lemonades, Thai Ice Tea, Sugarcane Juice
- Lake Anne Plaza Market & Deli: Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas
- Lets Get Twisted Potato: Fried Twisted Potato on a Stick
- Nitro Creamery: Homemade Ice Cream and Gelato
- Reston Association: Hot Dogs, Cotton Candy, Popcorn, Chips
- Taste of the World Restaurant: Fried Rice, Teriyaki Chicken, Panang Curry Chicken, Fried Tofu, Curry Puff, Beverages
Free parking is available at the upper and lower lots at Lake Anne Plaza, on North Shore Drive, and off-site at Brown’s Chapel.
The event is hosted by Lake Anne Plaza and co-sponsored by Reston Association.
Photo via RCC
Before we head into another weekend of changing expectations for wearing masks, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Remains of missing Restonian…
The Reston Town Center Association is among the five honorees selected by ArtsFairfax for its 2021 Arts Awards, an annual celebration of Fairfax County’s arts community. ArtsFairfax, a nonprofit that…
Thank you for subscribing and your continued support of local news.
Reston has seen a noticeable uptick in development over the past half-decade, just as local officials hoped with the arrival of Metro’s Silver Line, but between the multitude of projects…