Reston Community Center, which organizes the yearly event, hopes the festival will honor the community’s diversity and exemplify Reston founder Bob Simon’s vision for inclusivity in Northern Virginia.
“At the Reston Multicultural Festival each year, people enjoy the fruits of that inclusive and celebratory approach to building community,” said RCC executive director Leila Gordon.
The festival kicks off at 11 a.m. with a naturalization ceremony and a performance by New Line Brass Band at 12:15. p.m. A series of performances will following the show by the band, including dance and music from countries like India, Bolivia, Japan and Ireland.
This year’s festival also features two fellows from the National Endowment for the Arts: Cajun musician Michael Doucet and African American storyteller Linda Gross. Doucet performs on the world stage from 12:45 p.m.. to 1:30 p.m. and Goss performs at the gallery stage from 1:45 to 2 p.m.
- A Southern Fish Fry (Food Trailer): Fried Fish, Fried Shrimp, French Fries, North Carolina Barbecue Ribs
- Colonial Kettle Corn (Food Trailer): Kettle Corn, Water
- Danibelle’s Lebanese Cuisine LLC (Food Truck): Chicken Shawarma, Falafel, Kafta Sandwich, Hummus, Tabouleh Salad, Fries, Soft Drinks
- Del Sur Baked Goods: Peruvian: Peruvian Empanadas
- E-San Food and Drinks: Asian: Pad Thai, Fried Rice, Egg Rolls, Lo-Mein, Chicken Teriyaki, Lemonades, Thai Ice Tea, Sugarcane Juice
- Lake Anne Plaza Market & Deli: Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas
- Lets Get Twisted Potato: Fried Twisted Potato on a Stick
- Nitro Creamery: Homemade Ice Cream and Gelato
- Reston Association: Hot Dogs, Cotton Candy, Popcorn, Chips
- Taste of the World Restaurant: Fried Rice, Teriyaki Chicken, Panang Curry Chicken, Fried Tofu, Curry Puff, Beverages
Free parking is available at the upper and lower lots at Lake Anne Plaza, on North Shore Drive, and off-site at Brown’s Chapel.
The event is hosted by Lake Anne Plaza and co-sponsored by Reston Association.
Photo via RCC
Reston Association board member Glenn Small resigned late last month (courtesy RA) Reston Association is seeking to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of board member Glenn Small. In…
Vienna bookstore Bards Alley is participating in the town’s holiday decorating contest (photo by Amy Woolsey) I-66 HOV Change Starts Today — “The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reminds travelers…
The Barton Hill Recreation Area in Reston is slated for upgrades (via Google Maps) Upgraded lighting is no longer a component of upgrades to the Barton Hill tennis courts in…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.