Reston Community Center, which organizes the yearly event, hopes the festival will honor the community’s diversity and exemplify Reston founder Bob Simon’s vision for inclusivity in Northern Virginia.
“At the Reston Multicultural Festival each year, people enjoy the fruits of that inclusive and celebratory approach to building community,” said RCC executive director Leila Gordon.
The festival kicks off at 11 a.m. with a naturalization ceremony and a performance by New Line Brass Band at 12:15. p.m. A series of performances will following the show by the band, including dance and music from countries like India, Bolivia, Japan and Ireland.
This year’s festival also features two fellows from the National Endowment for the Arts: Cajun musician Michael Doucet and African American storyteller Linda Gross. Doucet performs on the world stage from 12:45 p.m.. to 1:30 p.m. and Goss performs at the gallery stage from 1:45 to 2 p.m.
- A Southern Fish Fry (Food Trailer): Fried Fish, Fried Shrimp, French Fries, North Carolina Barbecue Ribs
- Colonial Kettle Corn (Food Trailer): Kettle Corn, Water
- Danibelle’s Lebanese Cuisine LLC (Food Truck): Chicken Shawarma, Falafel, Kafta Sandwich, Hummus, Tabouleh Salad, Fries, Soft Drinks
- Del Sur Baked Goods: Peruvian: Peruvian Empanadas
- E-San Food and Drinks: Asian: Pad Thai, Fried Rice, Egg Rolls, Lo-Mein, Chicken Teriyaki, Lemonades, Thai Ice Tea, Sugarcane Juice
- Lake Anne Plaza Market & Deli: Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas
- Lets Get Twisted Potato: Fried Twisted Potato on a Stick
- Nitro Creamery: Homemade Ice Cream and Gelato
- Reston Association: Hot Dogs, Cotton Candy, Popcorn, Chips
- Taste of the World Restaurant: Fried Rice, Teriyaki Chicken, Panang Curry Chicken, Fried Tofu, Curry Puff, Beverages
Free parking is available at the upper and lower lots at Lake Anne Plaza, on North Shore Drive, and off-site at Brown’s Chapel.
The event is hosted by Lake Anne Plaza and co-sponsored by Reston Association.
Photo via RCC
Construction will begin this week on a pedestrian bridge over the Washington & Old Dominion Trail at Reston Town Center (courtesy Boston Properties) Construction on a new pedestrian bridge in…
Starbucks coffee shop in Reston Station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Reston Station area residents and visitors will need an alternative to Starbucks to get their coffee fix this winter….
Kids with sleds cross the street to Cunningham Park Elementary School in Vienna on a snow day in January 2022 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A flurry of snow days…
Sunset over Fair City Mall in Fairfax City (photo by Susan Woolsey) FCPD Steps Up DUI Enforcement for Holiday Season — “During this campaign, running from December 4 to December…