Reston’s own Beverly Cosham, an entertainer known for her work in the local theatre and cabaret scene, returns to Reston Community Center’s stage tomorrow (Saturday).
Cosham presents her personal interpretation of the Great American Songbook at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 for Reston residents and $20 for all others.
- Hispanic Heritage Literary and Culture Fair (1-5 p.m.) — Celebrate Hispanic heritage month at this festival at Reston Regional Library, which features local authors who share selections of poetry and stories.
- STEM Club (10:30 a.m. to noon) — Children between ages 5 and 10 can enjoy hands-on engineering activities at Reston Regional Library. Registration is required online.
Sunday (Oct. 6)
- Picture This! (1-4 p.m.) — Children between ages 6 and 11 can drop in and create an illustration inspired by an excerpt provided by the library. Supplies are available at Reston Regional Library.
- History of World War II (2-4 p.m.) — Hatty Butowsky of George Mason University kicks off his six-part lecture series on the war at Reston Regional Library.
- Fall Favorites (2-3 p.m.) — Families, couples and individuals can complete hands-on activities at the Walker Nature Center. Registration is $8 for Reston Association members and $10 for all others.
A change in Virginia law will allow police to once again pull over vehicles with excessively loud exhaust systems, starting tomorrow (Friday). At a Fairfax County Board of Supervisors meeting…
The Fairfax County Planning Commission has approved a redevelopment of the former Fannie Mae campus in Reston after nearly seven weeks of sorting through multiple issues with the proposed plan….
A slew of new laws are taking effect in Virginia tomorrow (July 1), including a ban on police ticket quotas, a requirement for licenses to deliver alcohol, and a new…
Riverbend Park in Great Falls debuted a new $1.3 million maintenance shop this week. The Fairfax County Park Authority and other stakeholders celebrated the opening of the facility with a…