After Fire, Cafesano’s Cafe in South Lakes Village Center Closes Until Further Notice

Cafesano’s cafe in South Lakes Village Center is temporarily closed for repairs until further notice after a fire in its kitchen on Sunday (Dec. 1).

According to a sign posted on the Italian and Mediterranean restaurant’s storefront, the restaurant is taking pick-up orders from the market in Suite C of the shopping center.

Fire department officials have ruled that a fire at the restaurant was accidental in nature. Officials believe it was caused by grease buildup in the ventilation system of the restaurant.

“The fire was accidental and originated in the ductwork for the kitchen hood system. The cause was ignition of grease buildup in the ventilation system,” a spokesperson for the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department told Reston Now.

Damages are estimated at $2,000. It is unclear when the restaurant will reopen.

Photo by Jay Westcott

Recent Stories

Apollo, a labrador mix up for adoption from Pet Connect Rescue (courtesy Woofie’s) Owners of six Woofie’s franchises in Northern Virginia are hosting a “Paws in the Park” pet adoption…

A Fairfax Connector bus to Tysons (staff photo by James Jarvis) The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) has the green light to apply for a federal grant to replace…

Morning Notes

The splash pad at the Mosaic District in Merrifield has been turned on (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Congress Approves More National Airport Flights — “More long-haul flights are coming…

Fairfax County’s annual Summer Entertainment Series will kick off on June 1 (via Fairfax County Park Authority/Twitter) The Fairfax County Park Authority has composed a slate of summer shows, including…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list