Reston, VA

Friday Morning Notes

Smoking in Bed Causes Reston Townhouse Fire — A townhouse fire on Wednesday night was caused by “smoking while in bed,” according to fire investigators. The fire happened on the 2300 block of Antiqua Court. [Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department]

Robert Simon Jr. Children’s Center Marks 30 Years — “This month, The Robert E. Simon Jr. Children’s Center marks thirty years serving area families with high-quality childcare. Named for Reston’s founder, the nonprofit Simon Center provides families throughout Northern Virginia with a warm, responsive and caring environment for children to learn and grow.” [Reston Patch]

Census Begins on April 1 — A Census invitation is heading to your mailbox next month. [U.S. Census Bureau]

Local Students Earn Scholastic Art Awards — “The 2020 Regional Scholastic Art Awards program has recognized 372 Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) students in grades 7-12 with 571 awards including Gold Key, Silver Key, Honorable Mention awards, and American Visions Nominations.” [Fairfax County Public Schools]

Staff photo by Jay Westcott

×

Subscribe to our mailing list