Runners and exercise enthusiasts can take part in the sixth annual For the Love of It 10K this Saturday.
Beginning at 8 a.m. outside South Lakes High School (11400 South Lakes Drive), participants can compete to make it across the finish line first, according to the website.
There will be awards for the first three male and female participants to finish the race as well as other awards in various age categories, the site said.
After the race, attendees can enjoy Valentine’s Day-themed treats, refreshments and photo opportunities. People who preregister will receive a long sleeve t-shirt.
- Ukelele Jam Session (10:30 a.m.) — At Reston Regional Library (11925 Bowman Towne Drive) kids are invited to a performance by the Northern Virginia Ukulele Society and have a chance to learn about rhythm. This event is free and open to the public.
- Groundhog’s Shadow (10:30 to 11:30 a.m.) — The Walker Nature Center (11450 Glade Drive) invites young kids to learn about groundhogs, make puppets and make weather predictions. Tickets are $6 for RA members.
- Annual Freezin’ for a Reason (2-5 p.m.) — This charity event raises money for Camp Sunshine, which serves kids with life-threatening illnesses. This event is donation based and anyone who raises over $100 will receive a t-shirt. Participants can gather at the Reston Community Center (2310 Colts Neck Road).
Sunday (Feb. 2)
- Kickstart Your Sweat Life (8-10 a.m.) — Lululemon at Reston Town Center (11957 Market Street) offers free sweat sessions every week. Refreshments will be provided.
- Super Bowl Watch Party (5:30-10 p.m.) — The Lake Anne Brew House (11401 North Shore Drive) invites people to come to view the SuperBowl. Tickets are $25 and include an unlimited nacho bar and other snacks. Drinks are available separately on-site. This event 21+.
Photo via For the Love of it 10k/Facebook
An electric vehicle charger at the Sully Community Center (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association is charging up to potentially take part in Fairfax County pilot to get more…
Fairfax County is no longer considering a proposal to allow more housing in Wolf Trap’s Crowells Corner neighborhood. The Site-Specific Plan Amendment (SSPA) submission has been withdrawn by its nominator, county…
The Reston location appears to have closed (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Flippin’ Pizza, a pizza chain that serves New York-style pizza, appears to have closed its Reston location. The…
Police blocked off southbound Route 29 at Centrewood Drive after a fatal pedestrian crash in November (via VDOT Northern Virginia/Twitter) The Fairfax County Police Department is doubling down on traffic…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.