People with green thumbs can now return to their rented garden plots from Fairfax County.
The county’s Park Authority reopened its 671 garden plots yesterday, according to Dranesville District Supervisor John Foust’s newsletter.
The plots are now available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and all of the rules apply except for active gardening guidelines, according to the county.
“Gardeners must self-sanitize water hydrants after use and no tools may be shared,” according to the county.
More from the county:
Gardeners are expected to comply with all COVID 19 health and social distancing requirements.
We ask that gardeners:
- Maintain the recommended social distance of six feet from other gardeners.
- Please wipe the handles of the water hydrant after you use it.
- Do not share garden tools with others.
- Wearing gloves and a mask are recommended when interacting with others.
- Please begin to wrap up gardening activities by 5:45 p.m. so that staff can close the gates and replace parking lot barricades by 6 p.m.