The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Reston, Herndon and Great Falls. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Dec. 1)
- Herndon Book Club (Online) — 6:30-7:45 p.m. — Discussing Mrs. Everything: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner, the group will meet via Zoom. Club members should call the Herndon Library (768 Center S.) during the Curbside Pickup times (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to have staff check out and set aside your copy or visit the branch, the website said. To register, use this link.
- Holiday Craft Class (Online) — 11-11:30 a.m. — Reston Community Center will host a card making class on its Facebook page. Participants should have the following items ready before the class begins: two or three sheets of card stock, colored paper, markers, crayons, scissors and cookie cutters.
Wednesday (Dec. 2)
- Best of 2020 Book Discussion (Online) — 10:30-11:30 a.m. — Great Falls Library will meet via Zoom to discuss the best reads of 2020, the website said. To register, use this link.
Thursday (Dec. 3)
- Zumba Gold (Online) — 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. — Reston Community Center will host a virtual Zumba Gold class on its Facebook page.
Saturday (Dec. 5)
- Magical Moments at Woodland Park (December 5-20) — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Woodland Park Crossing (12960 Highland Crossing Drive) — Families can stop by Woodland Park Crossing to revel in lights and a festive scene of Santa’s Workshop, the website said. Family photos are available with preregistration.
- Reston Town Center Holiday Performances — 12-4 p.m. at Reston Town Center (11900 Market St.) — Holiday characters, still walkers and jugglers will be on hand to entertain and make for fun socially distanced holiday selfies, the website said.
- Christmas Festival — 3-8 p.m. at Emily Rose Lewis Ministries (503 Carlisle Drive Suite 275) — Kingdom Living Ekklesia & Academy is hosting an indoor/outdoor Christmas Festival, the website said. Participants can enjoy free food and drinks.
Sunday (Dec. 6)
- Reston Town Center Holiday Performances — 12-2 p.m. at Reston Town Center (11900 Market St.) — Reston Town Center tradition returns this year for holiday songs performed by members of the Reston based Northern Virginia Ukulele Society, the website said.
- Holiday Family Portraits — 12-4 p.m. at Worldgate Centre (13007 Worldgate Drive) — Take a holiday family picture and go home with a free print. Participants can enjoy holiday favorites and free giveaways.
Photo via Reston Town Center
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Pet of the Week: Bear who, after living outside…
Construction on a new pedestrian bridge over Wiehle Avenue is set to begin sometime next summer. The bridge, which would connect to the Washington & Old Dominion Trail, is intended…
Zoomph, a Reston-based tech company that started in 2016 is continuing to build national partnerships. Its digital platform provides social media post metrics for sports clients along with detailed demographic…
For anyone who feels strongly about whether or not Lee Highway and Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway should continue to bear those names, the time to share that opinion has arrived. The…