We’re counting down the top 20 most-read articles of 2020 this week. Here’s the final countdown.
9. A 17-year-old boy from Maryland died in an apparent drowning in Lake Audubon over the summer.
8. A dead body was found near Lake Anne Plaza in late May.
7. Trash and recycling changes went into effect in late March.
6. Trader Joe’s in Reston closed after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
5. As the state moved to reopen in mid-May, COVID-19 numbers continued to climb in some areas.
4. A customer left a big tip at Founding Farmers in Reston Station following the phased reopening of restaurants.
3. The county saw a big spike in COVID-19 cases in June.
2. Two COVID-19 cases were linked to the headquarters of U.S. Geological Survey in Reston.
1. The county released more zip code data on COVID-19 cases.
We look forward to bringing you more stories next year.
Construction machinery at the I-66 and Nutley Street interchange during sunset (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) In-Person Black Friday Returns — “Over at Tysons Corner in Virginia the parking lot…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. There are so many fun things…
This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a forward-thinking Life Plan Community for those 62 and better. November — a month containing both Veterans Day and Thanksgiving…
The annual exhibit returns to Reston in early December (courtesy RCC) Reston Community Center will host its 24th annual gifts and shopping exhibit in early December. The Gifts from the…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.