We’re counting down the top 20 most-read articles of 2020 this week. Here’s the final countdown.
9. A 17-year-old boy from Maryland died in an apparent drowning in Lake Audubon over the summer.
8. A dead body was found near Lake Anne Plaza in late May.
7. Trash and recycling changes went into effect in late March.
6. Trader Joe’s in Reston closed after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
5. As the state moved to reopen in mid-May, COVID-19 numbers continued to climb in some areas.
4. A customer left a big tip at Founding Farmers in Reston Station following the phased reopening of restaurants.
3. The county saw a big spike in COVID-19 cases in June.
2. Two COVID-19 cases were linked to the headquarters of U.S. Geological Survey in Reston.
1. The county released more zip code data on COVID-19 cases.
We look forward to bringing you more stories next year.
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Reston Station (file photo) Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…
Jersey Mike’s is set to open at Seneca Corner in Great Falls (courtesy Republic Land Development) Another fast food option will soon be open in Great Falls. Jersey Mike’s Subs…