Monday, October 4
- “Judy” (10 a.m.) — Reston Community Center Hunters Woods’ CenterStage gives a free showing of the 2019 biographical drama about “The Wizard of Oz” star Judy Garland.
Tuesday, October 5
- Aspen Trees at Sunrise (6:30-8:30 p.m.) — Check out a Pinot’s Palette wine-and-painting class. Cost is $39.
Wednesday, October 6
- Reston Farmers Market (3-7 p.m.) — Stop by for some fresh produce at the parking lot of St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
Thursday, October 7
- Herndon Farmers Market (8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) –Local vendors sell a variety of fresh produce.
- Lunchtime with the Arts at Mason (12:30-1:30 p.m. — Jazz vocalist Darden Purcell and George Mason University faculty and students perform at Reston Town Square Park.
Friday, October 8
- “A Familiar Melody” (8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday as well as 2 p.m. on Sunday) — A NextStop Theatre Company show brings together a selection of Broadway hits. Tickets are $30.
Saturday, October 9
- Community Yard Sale (8:30 a.m. to noon) — Eighty families are again filling the Reston Association headquarters’ parking lot.
- Reston Baby Expo (9 a.m. to noon) — Find out about local organizations and resources focused on babies at this Reston Community Center Hunters Woods event that features workshops, educational sessions and more.
- Miles for Migraine (9 a.m.) — Help support this nonprofit working to address this neurological condition, advance research and end stigma. Virtual venue as well as an in-person event at Lake Fairfax Park.
Sunday, October 10
- Bird Walks (7:30-10:30 a.m.) — Beginner birders will gather to spot winged friends at Bright Pond.
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Pet of the Week: Bear who, after living outside…
Construction on a new pedestrian bridge over Wiehle Avenue is set to begin sometime next summer. The bridge, which would connect to the Washington & Old Dominion Trail, is intended…
Zoomph, a Reston-based tech company that started in 2016 is continuing to build national partnerships. Its digital platform provides social media post metrics for sports clients along with detailed demographic…
For anyone who feels strongly about whether or not Lee Highway and Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway should continue to bear those names, the time to share that opinion has arrived. The…