Monday, Nov. 1
- RCC Thanksgiving Food Drive (through Nov. 22) — Patrons, businesses and organizations can drop off non-perishable food and other items at various drop-off points throughout the community to benefit the social services nonprofit Cornerstones.
Tuesday, Nov. 2
- Grades K-2 Makerclass (4:30-6 p.m., runs weekly through Dec. 14) — Kids will work on creative projects that make use of skills ranging from art to engineering and technology. There’s no class on Thanksgiving week. Presented by Nova Labs. Cost is $100.
Wednesday, Nov. 3
- Reston Farmers Market (3-7 p.m.) — Stop by for some fresh produce at the parking lot of St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
Thursday, Nov. 4
- Anna Balakerskaia (2:15-3:30 p.m.) — “Dr. Anna” will perform with her George Mason University students as well as Levine Music pianist Dasha Gabay. Free, but registration is required.
Friday, Nov. 5
- “The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!)” (8 p.m.) — A satirical performance reminiscent of musical theater greats ranging from Andrew Lloyd Webber to Rodgers and Hammerstein kicks off at Reston Community Center’s CenterStage. Finale is 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost $20 for adults, but discounts are available.
Saturday, Nov. 6
- Appraisal Roadshow (11 a.m. to noon) — Have an expert appraise one of your personal items, from jewelry to coins and more, at the Reston Association headquarters. Private appointments with appraisers may be scheduled after the show, too. Cost starts at $15.
Sunday, Nov. 7
- “The Turn of the Screw” (2 p.m.) — A finale gives audiences one last chance to attend, following performances on Friday and Saturday. Adapted from the classic Henry James horror story, this play follows the journey of a governess caring for two kids when she begins to wonder if the home is haunted. Tickets are $25.
LGBTQIA+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual/agender, and other gender and sexual minority identities (via Sharon McCutcheon/Unsplash) Students and staff in the LGBTQIA+ community expressed relief yesterday…
With giving Tuesday on the horizon, the season of charity and gift-giving has arrived. A number of local organizations have launched year-end campaigns and donations drives. We’ve rounded up some…
Meet Comical Coco, an adult chi mix, a 15-pound happy little guy who is reportedly great with other dogs and kids. Here’s what Stone’s friends at Safe Haven Puppy Rescue…
With Thanksgiving on the horizon, many local entities and organizations will be closed. Fairfax County government offices and Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov. 25)…