Labor Day weekend in Fairfax County is filled with events and activities for all ages! Here are a few to definitely consider adding to your plans.
- Labor Day Car Show (City of Fairfax): This annual car show brings together automotive enthusiasts to showcase a diverse array of classic cars, hot rods, and vintage vehicles. Visitors can enjoy live music, food vendors, and a chance to explore Downtown Fairfax.
- Superheroes Host Kids & Family Labor Day Festival (Tysons): Join Captain America, Spiderman, and Wonder Woman in a fun-filled day for all ages. There will be moonbounces, photobooths, outdoor games and activities, and more! Spend the day with the coolest superheroes and have an unforgettable family day!
- Outdoor Escapes: Enjoy the natural beauty of Fairfax County by hiking in Great Falls Park, Burke Lake Park, or exploring the trails at Mason Neck State Park. If you’re up for a bit of adventure, consider kayaking or canoeing along the Potomac River (check out previous Lakeside video).
- Visit Historic Sites: Fairfax County is rich in history. Take the opportunity to explore sites like George Washington’s Mount Vernon, Gunston Hall, and the Civil War Interpretive Center at Historic Blenheim. Guided tours and demonstrations offer a glimpse into the past.
- City of Fairfax Farmers Market: Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the City of Fairfax Farmers Market over the weekend. Explore local produce, baked goods, artisan crafts, and more while supporting local vendors and enjoying the community atmosphere.
- Wineries & Breweries: Spend a leisurely day at the local wineries and breweries. Enjoy wine tastings at places like Paradise Springs Winery and Winery at Bull Run or sample craft beers at Fair Winds Brewing Company.
Get ready to kick back and enjoy the last splash of summer this Labor Day! Pick activities that make you smile and suit your style. Have a blast and make this Labor Day uniquely yours!
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
A car in the I-66 Express Lanes approaches the Dunn Loring Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) McLean Woman Sentenced for Fatally Shooting Daughters — “Prosecutors said [Veronica] Youngblood…
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Reston Station (file photo) Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…