Lily Siegel, the Greater Reston Arts Center‘s executive director and curator, has resigned effective mid-February as the institution explores rebranding and repositioning itself in the community.
Siegel will become the next executive director for Hamiltonian Artists in the District as its fellowship program and exhibit transitions into a nonprofit organization.
In a Jan. 13 letter, GRACE’s Board of Directors credited Siegel for leaving the center in “a much stronger position than we were in when Lily arrived three years ago.”
As difficult as it is to lose someone of Lily’s great capability and vision, that challenge presents opportunity. We look forward to announcing in the near future the hire of a new Executive Director and Curator who we are confident, given our achievements and repositioning, will also be someone of world-class caliber capable of taking us to the next level of accomplishment and distinction.
In the meantime, we will not miss a beat. As so many of you know, we have a very experienced and highly capable team of whom we are proud (Erica Harrison, Elizabeth Denholm, Sofia Blom, and Sarah Berenz), each of whom is already stepping up to ensure we stay right on track.
The leadership that Lily has provided this institution is something for which we are all grateful and celebrate, and every one of us wishes Lily all the best for what we know will be continued success in her career.
Siegel — who looks forward to changing jobs to a location where she lives — told Reston Now she’s proud of all her accomplishments over the last three years.
“I’m so proud of everything that I’ve done here and all that our team has accomplished,” she said, adding that she looks forward to continuing to support and work with artists in the community in her new role.
As executive director, Siegel helped bring on more main gallery exhibitions with established, nationally, and internationally recognized artists.
In addition to strengthening partnerships with area organizations, also helped establish GRACE’s satellite gallery at Signature in Reston Town Center, support Sue Wrbican’s new sculpture in Town Square Park in RTC, run the summer art camp with Reston Association, and add Festival Friday to the Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival.
GRACE is accepting applications for Siegel’s position online.
Photo via GRACE
Local News Now, the locally-owned company behind Reston Now, is looking for a multi-talented Account Executive to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills. They should be comfortable talking to clients and prospective clients, working to help them achieve their local marketing goals, and collaborating with colleagues to find creative solutions to challenging problems.
Located in Arlington’s Ballston neighborhood, LNN is an online local media company that uses social media and our websites — PoPville, ARLnow, Reston Now, Tysons Reporter and soon ALXnow — to delight readers, enhance communities, and serve clients. Our advertising clients range from local businesses to regional nonprofits to local governments. Collectively, our sites are read by nearly three-quarters of a million people every month.
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Keep track of client ad campaigns and performance
- Work every day to find creative ways to champion clients
- Help run our four owned-and-operated Instagram accounts
- Collaborate with members of our business and editorial teams on special projects and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to quickly learn digital tools like Pipedrive CRM, Asana, etc.
- Willingness to take initiative and push for the right course of action when necessary
This job is open to recent college grads, including those graduating this spring. Compensation will be determined by experience. All necessary training will be provided.
To apply, email a resume to [email protected].
Busy medical practice, located in Fairfax, seeks FT LPN to assist doctors in managing care of patients.
Experience preferred, IV experience a plus. Direct patient contact responsibilities. Requires strong computer skills for EMR responsibilities, ability to multitask and must have outstanding English language skills.
Job requires full and independent mobility, and ability to stand for long periods of time. Work days, Monday through Friday. Excellent salary and benefits.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected], or fax to 703-940-1497.
Urban Igloo is growing in Reston and needs real estate agents.
We are growing fast in NORTHERN VIRGINIA and need top agents to handle our leads and spearhead our growth.
Are you a smart, motivated person who loves working with people in a fast-paced environment?
Are you interested in real estate, and would enjoy matching people with apartments while having the potential to make $40,000+ your first year?
Do you have a real estate license, or are you planning to get one (with the promise of a great job at the end)?
Do you love working your own hours and being your own boss?
If so, you may be just the kind of person we seek to hire. You can start making money quickly and work in a high-energy environment as a full-time real estate agent with Urban Igloo. Get the experience you need to jump-start your career from a company that’s entrepreneurial, specializes in rentals and is growing fast (that’s why we need you).
What You Need
- A go-getter attitude and a passion for real estate
- A background in sales, leasing or real estate
- An active real estate license or you are in the process of obtaining one
- Access to a clean, insured vehicle and enjoy driving
- A smartphone you keep within site, ready to conduct business on the fly
- Local knowledge of the DMV area and the confidence to share your love of our great city
- You are comfortable working weekends and getting paid on a commission basis
What You Get
- Potential to make $40,000+ in your first year with the best rental commission splits in the business
- Qualified renter and landlord leads to help you grow your business
- Training and mentorship from some of the best folks in the business
- Control of your own hours – it’s truly a matter of effort dictating success
- Tools and resources to close your first deal within one month
- A gateway to a successful career in commercial or residential real estate or expansion within Urban Igloo
- A fun bunch of co-workers in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company
To apply for this position, click here.
Editor’s Note: This job listing is sponsored by Flynn Realty Associates.
Real Estate Team seeks professional, creative, detail-oriented and self-motivator to provide support services in fast-paced, exciting environment. Must have high energy and excellent interpersonal, organizational and written/oral communication skills. Computer skills and strong references required. Prior experience as processor in real estate arena is a plus but is not required.
Position available immediately and full time is preferred.
Pay rate determined on experience level and will include additional incentives based on team reaching set goals. There are no benefits such as life or health insurance.
Please email your resume and a brief description highlighting qualifications and experience to [email protected].
If your business is hiring and you would like to place a sponsored job listing, call Meghan McMahon at 703-348-0583.