Basic knitting — People ages 16 and up can learn the only two stitches you need to knit anything. Head to the Reston Regional Library for the event, which runs from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. [Reston Regional Library]
“The Marvelous Moon” — Families, couples and individuals can take an exploratory hike and have some outdoor fun with Walker Nature Center’s naturalists tonight from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets costs between $6 to $8. [WebTrac]
Creative printmaking — Learn how to carve and create your own prints from handmade plates to carved blocks. The class at ArtSpace Herndon (750 Center Street) runs from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight. [ArtSpace Herndon]
Former Reston Hospital Board chair died — Alix Daniel Laurent died at home on Nov. 27. He opened a urology practice at Reston Hospital in 1987 and was a member of the medical staff who chaired the Reston Hospital Board of Trustees for eight years. [Herndon Patch]
Photo via Ray Copson
Reston Association is welcoming new — and “not-so-new” — members to an open house to learn more about what the community has to offer.
The event will be held Sunday from 2-4 p.m. at The Lake House (11450 Baron Cameron Ave.).
According to a flier advertising the event, attendees will be able to:
- learn about aquatics, camps, environmental education and tennis programs
- learn about upcoming RA events for all ages
- meet members of the RA Board of Directors and advisory committee
- purchase pool and tennis passes and learn how to use WebTrac
- learn about how to get involved in Volunteer Reston
- vote in the RA Board of Directors’ election
- meet with the Covenants Advisor and learn about services provided to property owners
- meet local elected officials and community organization representatives
Refreshments will be provided by Jersey Mike’s, and door prizes will be awarded.
RA’s event calendar shows additional open house events at The Lake House are scheduled for April 30 and May 21.
Attendees are being asked to used WebTrac to register for the event. For more information, email [email protected] or call 703-435-6530.