Clime will be a contestant on Rewrapped, a Food Network show airing at 8 p.m. in which chefs compete to put a new spin on old favorites.
PassionFish is also hosting a watch party in the bar to cheer on Clime.
Rewrapped, which began airing last spring, challenges three contestants to transform iconic snack foods. Previous episodes have taken on Twinkies, Goldfish and SpaghettiOs. First, the challengers attempt to duplicate the original item from scratch. Then, in the second round, they reimagine the food in a completely original dish. Clime’s episode concentrates on Cheez Waffies, a snack featuring cheese spread such as Velveeta.
The show is hosted by former NSYNC member Joey Fatone.
Clime has been executive chef at PassionFish since it opened at Reston Town Center in 2008. Among accolades for Clime and PassionFish:
- Maryland Seafood Festival Crab Bisque Competition — September 2013 – First Place in “Alternative Crab Soup” for his Butternut Squash and Crab Bisque.
- American Institute of Wine & Food [AIWF] Crab Cake Competition — June 2013 — Won the coveted “People’s Choice” Award for his Crab Cakes
- Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington — 2009 — PassionFish was nominated for Best New Restaurant RAMMY Award.
- Esquire Magazine – October 2009 – Featured in Esquire Magazine’s “20 Best Restaurants of 2009;” PassionFish was selected as one of the “15 Restaurants Not to Miss.”
- Washingtonian – January 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 – PassionFish was consistently named on of the Top 100 “Best Restaurants” within the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.