This is a sponsored column by Jessica Storm, ACSM Health/Fitness Specialist and NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist. Jessica is the owner of Storm Fitness – A Personal Training and Nutrition Company based out of Reston, VA. Her Company has been servicing the Northern Virginia area for over a decade and has received numerous recognitions for the life changing results they have delivered to their clients. Read more about their offerings at www.StormFitness.com
As a personal trainer, one of the questions I get asked most is “how do I get rid of my saddlebags?” It’s a common complaint among women as stubborn fat often resides in the hip and thigh area. There are some really great exercises that can have this area toned up and trim for you in no time. It just takes some dedication and consistency.
Sorry my friends, there is no magic pill out there to melt off those saddlebags, and I wouldn’t be expecting one anytime soon. Good old-fashioned exercise will do the trick. Exercise will make you feel great — even better when you see the results.
Spot reducing is a myth. The great thing about these exercises is they have the ability to tone the entire body. This will really boost your overall calorie burn so that you see results all over. It is important to remember that in order to tone and trim down, eating whole, nutritious foods and following a healthy lifestyle is an essential requirement for longterm results.
Here are my top seven exercises for melting off saddlebags. The best part is no equipment is required:
- Do these exercises in a circuit format. Perform each exercise in order and then follow it with a one-minute break.
- Repeat the circuit two to three more times. If you are just starting out with exercise, then build up to doing the circuit three times. Perform this routine three days per week for the next four weeks.
- Cross over lunge with leg lift out to the side, 20 each side
- Plié squats, 20 total
- Step Ups with lateral leg lift, 20 each leg.
- Skater lunges, 15 on each side
- Side walking squat with resistance band, 20 each side.
- Lateral side step lunge back to a one leg balance, 15 each side
- Fire-hydrants – performed on hands and knees, 20 each side
Email me your results at [email protected]. I can’t wait to hear about your success!
If you need more detailed descriptions of each of these exercises you can head over to my website to find videos and descriptions on how to perform each of these exercises.
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Reston Vietnam vet discovers his old helicopter at Smithsonian…
Despite a few days’ delay, Red Velvet Bakery and Little Beast Bistro are now set to open at Reston Town Center West on Saturday (September 18). Initially planning to open…
A solar energy-powered lamp post (via Sandra Parra/Unsplash) Fairfax County has committed to becoming carbon-neutral by 2050, and now, it has a plan to achieve that goal. The Fairfax County…
A furnished 1 BD/1 BA condo was recently listed for rent. The renovated unit comes with assigned garage parking.