Construction crews are very busy at Comstock’s BLVD Apartments at Reston Station, where they expect the first residents will move in in mid-February.
The 450 luxury apartments will be the first major building at Reston Station, which is adjacent to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station. More housing, a hotel and office buildings are planned for the mixed-use development. Founding Farmers restaurant has signed a lease for the retail space.
BLVD’s leasing center, located on the plaza at Reston Station, is open weekdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m.
Rents will start at about $1,900 a month for a studio to more than $3,000 for a three-bedroom plus den model. There are a number of floorplans available.
Among the features and amenities:
- Stainless steel, gas appliances, hardwood laminate floors, quartz countertops and other high-end finishes in all units.
- A concierge lounge, business center, and cold-storage space for grocery delivery, as well as an exercise room and yoga/martial arts space.
- 20 percent (88 units) of the apartments are priced for workforce housing.
- A ninth-floor “skypark” with green space.
- Penthouse-level lounge, pool, media lounge, dog walk and demonstration kitchen with 360-degree views.
The building will open in stages, with the first eight floors available for occupancy Feb. 15, says leasing manager Evan Schluederberg. Upper floors should be available in mid-April, he said.
Residents of the building will be Reston Association members. Comstock has paid RA $650,000 in developer contributions, $300,000 of which is an association initiation fee under a new membership fee structure for buildings along the Dulles Toll Road, which were not previously RA property.
Residents will not have to pay the annual RA assessment fee but they will be offered an optional $350 annual recreational package to gain access to RA’s pools, tennis courts and other amenities for members.
When and if the building goes condo, residents will pay 50 percent of the RA full-member assessment, under the agreement between RA and Comstock.