Every year, the plaza hosts Chalk on the Water, Reston’s largest public art event. During the festival, anyone can come and contribute to the street art. Costs for a “plot” of brick space are $10 for children, $15 for amateur and professional artists. The event will be going on from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
The Virginia Tourism Corporation’s “LOVE” display will also be up at Lake Anne through Wednesday, so get your photos with it up on social media with the hashtag #LoveVA.
There is quite a lot more on the events calendar for the Reston area this weekend. Here is just a sampling of the events you can enjoy:
- Reston Station’s “Summerbration” series continues tonight at 7 p.m. with a free concert by Trio Caliente. Tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m., visit for a free outdoor showing of “Passengers” on the plaza. The Summerbration events outside the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station will continue through the end of August. (Note: To receive free parking for these events, parking tickets need to be validated by personnel on the plaza. Find the sign that reads “Parking Validation Here.”)
- Reston Town Center’s summer concert series continues Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. with a performance by Beatles tribute band Hard Day’s Night. The show will take place at the Town Center’s pavilion.
- The Love Your Body Yoga Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Reston Town Center (11900 Market St.) with activities for the whole family. There will be complimentary massages, energy healing demonstrations and health food samples. For yoga class participation, donations are encouraged.
- The Reston Farmers Market will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Lake Anne Village Center.
- Lake Anne is also hosting Sunday Yoga on the Plaza each week, at 9:30 a.m.
- Tonight from 6:30-8 p.m. at Walker Nature Center (11450 Glade Drive), bring the family to an Owl Prowl. Take an exploratory hike or participate in indoor Nature House activities. Prices are $7 for children, $9 for adults. Sunday from 7:30-10:30 a.m., join expert and beginner bird watchers on a morning Bird Walk.
- Tavern64 (1800 Presidents St.) continues its series of live music tonight from 6-10 p.m. Afterward, let the live music continue at Crafthouse (1888 Explorer St.) from 10:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- “Urinetown: The Musical” is being performed at NextStop Theatre Company (269 Sunset Park Drive) through June 25. Performances this weekend are tonight and Saturday at 8 p.m. and a 2 p.m. matinee Sunday. General admission tickets start at $40.
- “Radcliffe Bailey: The Great Dismal Swamp” remains on display at Greater Reston Arts Center (12001 Market St.) through August.
- Both today and Saturday, visit Davelle Clothiers (11921 Freedom Drive) to celebrate their 25th anniversary. Tonight there will be wine and acoustic music preformed by Shane Roots, while on Saturday there will be a Teavana tasting and a show of exotic cars.
- Author Terry Castasús Jennings will be at Scrawl Books (11862 Market St.) Sunday at 2 p.m. to share her new book, “Vivian and the Legend of the Hoodoos.”
- Kalypso’s (1617 Washington Plaza N.) will have live music tonight at 9:30 p.m. from The Vandelays.
- Vinifera Wine Bar and Bistro (11750 Sunrise Valley Drive) has live music from 7-10 p.m. every Friday and Saturday night. This weekend’s performers are Gabe Matthews (Friday) and Hilary Veltri (Saturday).