Temperatures in the high 90s with heat indices nearing 105 have swamped us all in recent days. If you’re tired of sweating, there’s good news for the weekend: temperatures are forecast to be below 90 (wow!) and maybe we’ll get a nice breeze as well.
The news has been hot this week too. There’s always something going on in Reston. These are the stories that have received the most clicks on the site since last Friday:
- Bear Spotted Near Reston; Police Urge Safety Around the Animals
- Police Investigating After Swastika Painted Near Reston Home
- 1831 Michael Faraday Site Has Thursday Date With Planning Commission
- Crime Roundup: Alcohol Leads to Charges for Local Residents This Weekend
- Reston Resident Scores High on ‘Jeopardy!’ But Gets Stumped at the End
Feel free to discuss these topics and anything else that happened locally this week. Make sure to vote on 2017 Best Reston Business awards as well.
Enjoy the weekend!
Taco Bamba’s Herndon location will include an Afghan twist (courtesy Greg Powers) Taco Bamba is bringing its traditional tacos and some items with a local twist to Herndon next week….
A man walks a dog outside the Aperture apartments in Reston (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Flags Lowered After Nashville School Shooting — “The U.S., state and county flags are…
Fairfax County is the healthiest county in Virginia, according to the data platform Niche (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County fared well overall in recently released rankings of the…
The Hook Road recreational area in Reston (via Google Maps) A proposal for improvements to the Hook Road Recreation Area in Reston is currently under review by the county. The…