Temperatures in the high 90s with heat indices nearing 105 have swamped us all in recent days. If you’re tired of sweating, there’s good news for the weekend: temperatures are forecast to be below 90 (wow!) and maybe we’ll get a nice breeze as well.
The news has been hot this week too. There’s always something going on in Reston. These are the stories that have received the most clicks on the site since last Friday:
- Bear Spotted Near Reston; Police Urge Safety Around the Animals
- Police Investigating After Swastika Painted Near Reston Home
- 1831 Michael Faraday Site Has Thursday Date With Planning Commission
- Crime Roundup: Alcohol Leads to Charges for Local Residents This Weekend
- Reston Resident Scores High on ‘Jeopardy!’ But Gets Stumped at the End
Feel free to discuss these topics and anything else that happened locally this week. Make sure to vote on 2017 Best Reston Business awards as well.
Enjoy the weekend!
A Wind Advisory has been issued for the D.C. area, including Fairfax County. The alert is currently scheduled to start at 6 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday) and continue until 4 a.m….
OmBaked is organizing an inaugural Holi Festival at Lake Anne Plaza (courtesy OmBaked) A traditional Hindu festival is set to light up Lake Anne Plaza next month. The inaugural Holi…
A band plays at Ned Devine’s during the second round of Herndon’s inaugural Battle of the Bands (photo by Laura Poindexter) The Town of Herndon’s first-ever Battle of the Bands…
Fairfax Connector is now in its sixth consecutive day without service, as workers continue their strike for better pay, benefits and working conditions.