Temperatures in the high 90s with heat indices nearing 105 have swamped us all in recent days. If you’re tired of sweating, there’s good news for the weekend: temperatures are forecast to be below 90 (wow!) and maybe we’ll get a nice breeze as well.
The news has been hot this week too. There’s always something going on in Reston. These are the stories that have received the most clicks on the site since last Friday:
- Bear Spotted Near Reston; Police Urge Safety Around the Animals
- Police Investigating After Swastika Painted Near Reston Home
- 1831 Michael Faraday Site Has Thursday Date With Planning Commission
- Crime Roundup: Alcohol Leads to Charges for Local Residents This Weekend
- Reston Resident Scores High on ‘Jeopardy!’ But Gets Stumped at the End
Feel free to discuss these topics and anything else that happened locally this week. Make sure to vote on 2017 Best Reston Business awards as well.
Enjoy the weekend!
A new report reveals that there’s significant disagreement between the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) and its contractor, Capital Rail Constructors (CRC), about when Silver Line Phase 2 is expected…
(Updated at 2:30 p.m.) The Fairfax County Courthouse is renewing its mask policy once again even as the judicial system tries to inch back to normal amid a backlog of…
Thank you for subscribing and your continued support of local news.
Two Fairfax County organizations have been awarded grants from a national nonprofit aimed at increasing access for food service programs for children and their families. The Falls Church-McLean Children’s Center…