Before we head off into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on Reston Now in recent days.
The following articles were the five most-clicked links on Reston Now this past week.
- Too Many People in Small Space Results in Postponement of Meeting on Increasing Density Cap
- Herndon Big Lots To Close Its Doors Oct. 15; Lotte Plaza Market To Take Its Place
- Bike Lane Leaving Reston Town Center; Muse Paintbar Ready To Fill the Space
- Town of Herndon, Developer Comstock Agree on Proposed Downtown Redevelopment Project
- Leesburg Man Charged in 2001 Killing of Reston Man
The postponed meeting (which received some attention on Reddit forum r/NotTheOnion) was followed up by the Reston Association Board’s discussion of the proposal at their Thursday meeting. A rescheduled meeting — in a larger space — will be announced a later date, Hunter Mill District Supervisor Cathy Hudgins says.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans or anything else that’s happening locally. Have a great weekend!
Amid a holiday weekend helping to commemorate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., here are the top stories on Reston Now this week. Police: Prisoner with life sentence confesses…
A Chinese restaurant that’s been at a Reston-area shopping plaza for 17 years is closing next month. Hunan East Restaurant told Reston Now that the permanent shuttering is due to…
Pedro Benedito Chimo Mandriz (Courtesy) When Pedro Benedito Chimo Mandriz’s family returned to their home country of Angola, he stayed in the U.S. to pursue his dream of running his…
Although the pandemic wreaked havoc on supply chains and labor demands, the state’s massive improvement project along the Route 7 Corridor remains on track. The $313.9 million project will improve…