As fall weather descends on Reston today, Flavors of Fall is set for tomorrow (Oct. 6) in Reston Town Center from noon to 11 p.m. The festival features area restaurants and their favorite fall menus, entertainment, live music, fall beers, and family activities.
Tickets are required to purchase food, beer, and wine. The event is produced by the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce. The following day, GRCC will host the Reston Pumpkin 5K & Kids’ Pumpkin Dash, which begins at 8:15 a.m.
The following is a list of selected weekend events in the area:
(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- Young adults with special needs and their buddies get to take a tour of Frying Pan Farm Park, ride on a wagon, and learn to do social dancing at the farm today at 6 p.m. Registration is $12.
- Kids between the ages of 6 and 11 can make thermoformed foam masks at Reston Regional Library on Saturday from 2-3 p.m. Registration is open online.
- If you’re planning to stop by Reston Town Center for Flavors of Fall (or anything else), you can swing by Reston Hospital Center from 9-11 a.m. for a free bleeding control training class.
- Old Town Tradition will offer a free lunchtime concert outdoors at Lake Anne Plaza on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event is sponsored by Reston Used Book Shop and Friends of Lake Anne.
- On Sunday, the 2018 Arts Herndon Children’s Literary Festival kicks off from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at ArtSpace Herndon. Organizers anticipate “record crowds” at the festival, which features guest authors, publishers, and illustrators from the area, along with live entertainment and art projects. The first 300 kids get a free book.
- But if history is your cup of tea, you can listen to a lecture by Dr. Harry Butowsky of George Mason University for a talk on the history of World War II on Sunday from 2-4 p.m. at Reston Regional Library.
- Join Rebecca as she leads a free community yoga session on Sunday at Lake Anne Plaza from 9-10 a.m. The event will be followed by a yoga happy hour at Lake Anne Brew House.
- The work of DC-based artist Caitlin Teal Price will be on display at Greater Reston Arts Center through Nov. 24. The exhibit is called “Green is the Secret Color to Make Gold.”
Photo via Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Red Velvet Bakery opening Saturday, first 200 people get…
A new rebate program that starts next year would give thousands of dollars to Virginians who buy or lease an electric vehicle. But it’s not funded. Fairfax County officials said the…
Open houses this weekend include a 3 BD/2.5+ BA townhouse with a breakfast nook and private patio overlooking Reston National Golf Course.
After reopening its doors for the first indoor production during the pandemic in August, Herndon’s NextStop Theatre Company plans to scale back its programming schedule for this fall due to…