10. The news that paid parking pushed Obi Sushi Japanese Bistro out of Reston Town Center gained 7,839 pageviews. The restaurant, which had been open in RTC for 14 years, closed on Saturday (Dec. 22). This story jumped from the #15 spot to #10.
9. Plans for the Reston Crescent development — now known as Halley Rise — brought in 8,275 pageviews. The major mixed-use project at the northwestern corner of the intersection of Reston Parkway and Sunrise Valley Drive includes a Wegmans.
8. The Dulles Toll Road’s increased rates starting in January was a popular post with 8,574 pageviews. The hike will raise the toll from $2.50 to $3.25 at the main toll plaza and from $1 to $1.50 on the ramps to fund the Silver Line extension project and improvements on the Dulles Toll Road.
7. An article about M & S Grill shutting down in Reston Town Center on New Year’s Day garnered 8,933 pageviews.
6. The deaths of a mother and her two children in Herndon a few months ago brought in 9,490 pageviews. The Fairfax County Police Department said the deaths are being investigated as a double murder and suicide.
Look out for the final #1-5 list on the countdown tomorrow.
This story has been updated
Traffic safety advocates from across the D.C. area have banded together to urge local officials to make improvements that they believe could help prevent the next death of a pedestrian…
Herndon Town Council again examined the issue of parking restrictions as big box trucks and other vehicles have found a haven for street parking between neighboring Fairfax and Loudoun counties…
If you’re in the market for new furniture, Furniture Max provides fast same day delivery options with online financing.
White brine lines are a familiar sight on Fairfax County roads before snowstorms, such as the one that passed through the D.C. area last weekend. Not too long ago, though,…