15. The closure of Obi Sushi in Reston Town Center over the weekend brought in 7,081 pageviews. An employee said that ever since Boston Properties, RTC’s owner, implemented paid parking, the restaurant has seen its number of customers dwindle.
14. Speaking of another business shuttering its doors in RTC, the upcoming closure of Williams-Sonoma in January was a popular post with 7,232 pageviews. A specific date for the closure has not been announced yet.
13. Residents’ concerns that upgrades to the plaza in the South Lakes Village Center will attract teens and noise collected 7,281 pageviews. Residents near the center and merchants said they worry that the new space will become a magnet for youth from Langston Hughes Middle School and South Lakes High School and also increase noise.
12. A 37-second video of a former Reston Association employee yelling “Why are you such a b**** Afghanistan?” and other profanities at a driver garnered attention with 7,288 pageviews. The man, who was described as a seasonal RA employee, posted the video on Facebook.
11. The arrest of an assistant principal at Hunters Woods Elementary School for shoplifting at the Target in Reston brought in 7,332 pageviews. Melissa Tochterman, 47, of Herndon, was arrested and charged with grand larceny in January and was then placed on leave from the school.
Look out for the #6-10 on the countdown tomorrow.
This story has been updated
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. There are so many fun things…
This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a forward-thinking Life Plan Community for those 62 and better. November — a month containing both Veterans Day and Thanksgiving…
The annual exhibit returns to Reston in early December (courtesy RCC) Reston Community Center will host its 24th annual gifts and shopping exhibit in early December. The Gifts from the…
Curative will operate COVID-19 testing mobile labs at six sites in Fairfax County (courtesy Fairfax County Health Department) Curative is set to shut down all of its public COVID-19 testing…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.