Sunday is your last chance to watch NextStop Theatre Company’s final performances of “The Wolves” — a comedy about the lives of high school girls at their daily soccer warm-ups.
Written by Sarah DeLappe, the play was a recent finalist for the Pulitzer Prize.
The show tonight (Feb. 22) starts at 8 p.m. at 269 Sunset Park Drive. Tomorrow, the curtain rises at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. The last two shows on Sunday start at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Tickets cost between $35-$60, depending on the demand.
Tomorrow (Feb. 23)
- All Gardeners’ Meeting (10 a.m.-noon) — Users of Reston’s community garden plots can attend the annual All Gardeners’ meeting, which will include two guest speakers and light refreshments, at the Reston Association’s headquarters. Discussion topics will include soil management, gardening with return on investments and gardening tips.
- Bored out of your Gourd (11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) — Head over to Frying Pan Farm Park to make a birdhouse out of gourds the farm grew last year. The program costs $14 per person.
- Book Talk with Ralph Savarese (4:30-6:30 p.m.) — The author will join a panel of nonspeaking autistic students at ArtSpace Herndon.
- Reston Runners Annual Meeting and Dinner (6 p.m.) — The running group will meet at RCC Hunters Woods Village Center.
Sunday (Feb. 24)
- Meet Jason Michael Primrose (12:15 p.m.) — Jason Michael Primrose will introduce his latest sci-fi creation at Scrawl Books.
- Bird Walks (8-11 a.m.) — Beginning and expert birders are invited to search for birds around Reston. The walks start at the Lake Newport tennis courts.
- Maple Syrup Boil-Down (noon-2 p.m.) — Head to Colvin Run Mill to learn how sap is boiled down into syrup. Participants will get to taste some maple syrup. Tickets cost $5 per person.
- Annual NOVA Band Jam (4:30 p.m.) — Support the South Lakes High School at their performance at Ned Devine’s in Herndon. Tickets cost $5 for students and $10 for adults.
Photo via NextStop Theatre Company/Facebook
Len Forkas plans to ski to the North Pole to raise money for his nonprofit organization (courtesy Hopecam) Len Forkas, a Reston-based businessman, is skiing to the North Pole in…
Outside 1st Stage in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors got a first look last week at a new plan that it hopes can…
A traveling exhibit is coming to Reston this week (courtesy Reston Museum) A traveling exhibition looking at the ins and outs of Prohibition in Virginia is coming this month to…
A cardinal perched on a power line in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Developers Seek to Add More Housing in Fair Lakes — “Proposed updates to Fairfax County’s land…