What good is sitting alone in your room? Come hear the music play — “Come to the Cabaret!” at Lake Anne Plaza.
The performance will be held at the Washington Plaza Baptist Church (1615 N. Washington Plaza). The suggested $10 door donations will go toward the church’s upcoming 2019 annual Christmas concert.
Attendees can also snack on some light refreshments and food.
The show starts at 7 p.m.
Tomorrow (March 16)
- Family Art Day (11 a.m.-3 p.m.) — Join GRACE for a free celebration of Youth Art Month on St. Francis Street. Families can look at student artwork in the exhibit and participate in art-making activities.
- Herndon Library Board Games (1-3 p.m.) — Adults can play classic board games at the Herndon Fortnightly Library.
- Youth Arts Showcase Explosion (6 p.m.) — The Reston Chapter of The Links, Incorporated is set to perform for free at the Kennedy Center.
- Common Ground: Candice Bostwick & Friends (7-9 p.m.) — You can enjoy jazz and pop music at ArtSpace Herndon for $20.
- “Time Stands Still” (8 p.m.) — Saturday is the last evening to watch the Reston Community Players’ production of a play about a couple making a living out of documenting the horrors of war.
Sunday (March 17)
- History of World War II (2-4 p.m.) — Dr. Harry Butowsky from George Mason University will present the first part of his six-part lecture series on “World War II: On Our Way, USA 1939-1942” at the Reston Regional Library.
- Once Upon a Time–Princesses & Lollipops (4 p.m.) — The RCC Hunters Woods’ free annual concert will feature music from Disney movies and theater favorites played by the Reston Community Orchestra. Girls can go dressed up in gowns, crowns and tiaras. The afternoon will include singing, dancing, a parade of princesses, a raffle of two baskets and the presentation of the RCO Community Service award.
Sunday is also St. Patrick’s Day — Reston Now has a separate list of local events in Reston, Great Falls and Herndon.
Photo via vantagehill/Flickr
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Reston Vietnam vet discovers his old helicopter at Smithsonian…
Despite a few days’ delay, Red Velvet Bakery and Little Beast Bistro are now set to open at Reston Town Center West on Saturday (September 18). Initially planning to open…
A solar energy-powered lamp post (via Sandra Parra/Unsplash) Fairfax County has committed to becoming carbon-neutral by 2050, and now, it has a plan to achieve that goal. The Fairfax County…
A furnished 1 BD/1 BA condo was recently listed for rent. The renovated unit comes with assigned garage parking.