The Reston Historic Trust and Museum is hosting the 55th annual anniversary of Reston’s founding with a celebration on Saturday, April 6.
Festivities for Founder’s Day will run from noon to 4 p.m. at Lake Anne Plaza.
The event will include a moon bounce, children’s activities, face painting, a public art tour and exhibits at the Reston Historic Trust and Museum and RCC Lake Anne’s Jo Ann Rose Gallery.
Some highlights from the schedule include:
- 12:05 p.m: Lake Anne Elementary School Chorus & Orchestra
- 12:50 p.m: Foley Irish Dance
- 1:20 p.m: Hughes MS Panther Jazz Band
- 1:20 p.m: guided public art walking tour
- 1:30 p.m: meet the authors of “Memoir Your Way”
- 1:45 p.m: Hunters Woods Elementary School String Ensemble
- 2:00 p.m: Lopez Studios, American Musical Theater
- 2:15 p.m: Reston Chorale
- 2:40 p.m: Reston Community Players performing scenes from “Annie”
- 2:40 p.m: artist talk with Marco Rando
- 3:05 p.m: Rick Landers, Folk musician
- 3:30 p.m: ensemble from Reston Community Orchestra
Attendees can also share their Reston stories with recorded oral histories from 1-3 p.m. at RCC Lake Anne.
Exhibit enthusiasts can find several around the area including “Fine Lines” at the Jo Ann Rose Gallery, which features artists’ interpretations of lines.
Over at the Reston Historic Trust and Museum, locals can see Charlotte Geary’s photography in “The Women of Lake Anne” exhibit and also enjoy “Untold Stories and The History of the Sculpture by Zachary Oxman Dedicated to Reston’s Founder.”
Reston Association headquarters (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association has adopted a new strategic plan that aims to continue the vision of Reston’s founder Bob Simon over the next…
Updated at 3:55 p.m. — Fairfax Connector service will stay suspended at least through this weekend (Feb. 24-25) as drivers and mechanics continue their strike, the Fairfax County Department of Transportation…
FCPS Central Office in Merrifield (staff photo by James Jarvis) Fairfax County Public Schools is seeking a solution to its ballooning student meal debt, which soared over the past year….
A turkey vulture in flight in the West Ox Road area (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Cell Phone Service Restored After Outage — Phone service has been restored after a…