The Reston Historic Trust and Museum is hosting the 55th annual anniversary of Reston’s founding with a celebration on Saturday, April 6.
Festivities for Founder’s Day will run from noon to 4 p.m. at Lake Anne Plaza.
The event will include a moon bounce, children’s activities, face painting, a public art tour and exhibits at the Reston Historic Trust and Museum and RCC Lake Anne’s Jo Ann Rose Gallery.
Some highlights from the schedule include:
- 12:05 p.m: Lake Anne Elementary School Chorus & Orchestra
- 12:50 p.m: Foley Irish Dance
- 1:20 p.m: Hughes MS Panther Jazz Band
- 1:20 p.m: guided public art walking tour
- 1:30 p.m: meet the authors of “Memoir Your Way”
- 1:45 p.m: Hunters Woods Elementary School String Ensemble
- 2:00 p.m: Lopez Studios, American Musical Theater
- 2:15 p.m: Reston Chorale
- 2:40 p.m: Reston Community Players performing scenes from “Annie”
- 2:40 p.m: artist talk with Marco Rando
- 3:05 p.m: Rick Landers, Folk musician
- 3:30 p.m: ensemble from Reston Community Orchestra
Attendees can also share their Reston stories with recorded oral histories from 1-3 p.m. at RCC Lake Anne.
Exhibit enthusiasts can find several around the area including “Fine Lines” at the Jo Ann Rose Gallery, which features artists’ interpretations of lines.
Over at the Reston Historic Trust and Museum, locals can see Charlotte Geary’s photography in “The Women of Lake Anne” exhibit and also enjoy “Untold Stories and The History of the Sculpture by Zachary Oxman Dedicated to Reston’s Founder.”
Local police are investigating an incident of arson and graffiti that occurred at St. John Neumann Catholic Community Church in Reston yesterday (Sunday). The graffiti, which was found at the…
The greenery proposed for Amazon’s second headquarters in Arlington is so extensive that the company needs a greenhouse to keep it going. According to plans submitted to the county, Amazon…
A trail bridge at Hidden Oaks Nature Center in Annandale (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Virginia Reports Second Case of Monkeypox — “The patient is an adult male resident of…
The weekend is almost here. Before you try to process the end of the Roe v. Wade era or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past…