It’s Spring Farm Day at Frying Pan Farm Park tomorrow (May 11).
Attendees will have the chance to watch sheep shearing and demonstrations of antique farm equipment.
Crafts, games and activities like cow and goat milking will also be onsite, in addition to a close-up introduction of the farm’s baby animals.
Walk-ins are welcome with a $8 registration fee at 2709 West Ox Road. The event begins at 10 a.m. Online registration is $7.
Tomorrow (May 11)
- Snakehead Run (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — The band returns to play for the Reston Market in front of Reston’s Used Book Shop (1623 Washington Plaza-N).
- Bookworms Club (11 a.m.) — Author Sue Fliess reads “The Earth Gives More” to young bookworms at Reston Regional Library. The bookclub explores a new theme each week.
- Walking Tour of Public Art (2-3 p.m.) — Susan Becker takes walkers on an hour-long tour to scout for public art at Lake Anne Village Center (1609 Washington Plaza-W). The event is free and open to all.
- Ramadan Cultural Festival (2-4 p.m.) — Representatives from the All Dulles Area Muslim Society host a family-friendly afternoon of activities and games at Reston Regional Library.
- Bird Walk (7:30-10:30 a.m.) — Beginning and expert birders will search for birds from Glade Stream Valley to Sapsucker Woods. The walk begins at the Glade Recreation Area (11550 Glade Drive).
- Reston Youth Triathlon (8 a.m.) — In this event, which is open to athletes between ages 6 and 15, participants will run, swim, and bike a combination of sets. Police and volunteers will be around in multiple areas to direct race traffic.
- Sunday Afternoon Dance (2:30-4:30 p.m.) — Dancers of all skill levels are invited to foxtrot, swing, cha-cha and waltz their way into two hours of dance practice at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods. Door prizes and light refreshments will also be offered.
- Mountain Stories and Songs with the Dulcimer (3-4:30 p.m.) — Local musicians Ralph Lee Smith and Madeline MacNeil play traditional songs and share stories of the dulcimer.
Photo courtesy Fairfax County Park Authority
A crowd gathers on a sunny Saturday for the annual ViVa Vienna festival (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fair Lakes Sidewalk Closed for Construction — “The sidewalk along eastbound Fair…
The bar and lounge celebrated a soft opening earlier this month (via Eve’s Garden/Facebook) The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Prepare to be amazed! Fairfax County…
The Herndon Festival returns to the town in June (courtesy Town of Herndon) “American Idol” winner David Cook will headline this year’s Herndon Festival, set to take place from June…