The 11th annual Love Your Body Yoga Festival is set for Sunday, June 9 at Reston Town Center.
The festival takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. — rain or shine. This year, organizers will celebrate all area non-profit organizations that use yoga as a tool to transform society.
Organizations will be featured on the main stage and will lead a group class. Attendees can enjoy talks, enjoy music, and take part in a mix of yoga classes.
The event launches the start of Virginia Yoga Week, during which studios and teachers will offer free classes throughout the state.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Southgate Community Center. The event is presented by Beloved Yoga.
More information is available online.
Tomorrow (June 8)
- Gardening Classes (9-10 a.m.) — Get your hands dirty and learn how to grow your own fruits and vegetables in this class. Students will meet with a Fairfax County Master Gardener to learn how to maintain a compost pile, plant seeds, and tend your garden to make it thrive. The class is $40 for Reston Association members and meets at the organization’s headquarters.
- Worldwide Knit in Public Day (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) — Bring your favorite yarn and needles or use materials provided by Reston Regional Library to knit in public. The event is sponsored by Fairfax Library Foundation.
- Bookworms Club (11 a.m.) — Young readers will explore a new theme in this weekly session at Scrawl Books. Readers are welcome to join the club at any time.
- Summerbration Fun Brunch: Mark Jaster (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — The stilt walker and face painter performs at Reston Station Plaza in this free event.
- Young Actors Theatre (3 p.m.) — Young actors between ages 7 and 15 take to the stage at Reston Community Center’s CenterStage to present original musicals that are the result of 10 weeks of classes and rehearsals. The event is free and open to all, but attendees must request tickets by emailing [email protected]. Tickets are distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
Sunday (June 9)
- Digital Photography Essentials Workshop (1-6 p.m.) — Dive into an introductory class with Mary Louise Ravese on how to use a digital SLR or mirror-less camera. The class, which takes place at ArtsSpace Herndon, costs $125.
A crowd gathers on a sunny Saturday for the annual ViVa Vienna festival (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fair Lakes Sidewalk Closed for Construction — “The sidewalk along eastbound Fair…
The bar and lounge celebrated a soft opening earlier this month (via Eve’s Garden/Facebook) The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Prepare to be amazed! Fairfax County…
The Herndon Festival returns to the town in June (courtesy Town of Herndon) “American Idol” winner David Cook will headline this year’s Herndon Festival, set to take place from June…