Learn a new way to elevate your yoga game with stand up paddle board yoga tomorrow.
The event is organized in partnership with Surf Reston. Participants will meet at the Lake Anne boat launch. The last class is on September 21.
Registration is available online. Tickets are $20 if you bring your own board and $40 if you do not.
Saturday (July 27)
- Family Fun Entertainment Series (10-10:45 a.m.) — Groovy Nate creates educational shows with exotic musical instruments and puppet skits. Attendees should be ready to move, sing and play.
- Historical Swordsmanship (3-4 p.m.) — Fantasy lovers can learn about sword fighting and gets hands on instruction from professionals at Reston Regional Library.
- Dragonfly Count (9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Meet at the Walker Nature Center and help count dragonflies in natural areas of Reston.
Sunday (July 28)
- Sunday Art in the Park with GRACE (5:30-7 p.m.) — Greater Reston Arts Center offers creative activities for all ages.
- Sunday Art in the Park (7-8 p.m.) — Professor of clarinet Garrick Zoeter and soprano Mariana Mihai-Zoeter interpret romantic and inspiring work from around the world during this performance at Reston Town Square Park.
- Summerbration Fun Brunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Dave Lange presents country and blues music at Reston Station Plaza. Garage parking is free on weekends in the Metro parking garage.
Photo via Beloved Yoga
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Reston Vietnam vet discovers his old helicopter at Smithsonian…
Despite a few days’ delay, Red Velvet Bakery and Little Beast Bistro are now set to open at Reston Town Center West on Saturday (September 18). Initially planning to open…
A solar energy-powered lamp post (via Sandra Parra/Unsplash) Fairfax County has committed to becoming carbon-neutral by 2050, and now, it has a plan to achieve that goal. The Fairfax County…
A furnished 1 BD/1 BA condo was recently listed for rent. The renovated unit comes with assigned garage parking.