The 37th annual Reston Century Bike Tour returns to Reston Town Center on Sunday (August 25).
Riders select routes of 22, 60, 80 or 100 miles — with all routes start and ending at RTC. The event is set to happen rain or shine. A post-ride party will be held in the pavilion for participating cyclists.
Registration is open online.
Tomorrow (August 24)
- Dog Paddle for Small Dogs (10 a.m. to noon) — Dogs under 30 pounds can dip in the pool during this event at the North Hills Recreation Area. Registration is $6 for RA members and $8 for all others. A second session is planned from 2-4 p.m.
- Summer Stem (10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) — Children between ages 9 and 14 can dive into the exciting world of robotics. Registration is open online.
- Summerbration Fun Brunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Enjoy a performance by Rocknoceros at Reston Station Plaza. The event is free and open to all.
- Reston Concerts on the Town (7:30-10 p.m.) — The final “Reston Concerts on the Town” performance brings Empire Strikes Bass to the pavilion at Reston Town Center. Attendees are encouraged to bring a lawn chair or picnic blanket.
Sunday (August 25)
- Dog Paddle for All (10 a.m to noon) — Dogs of all sizes are invited to dip in the pool at North Hills Recreation Area. Female dogs in heat are not permitted and all dogs must remain under control at all times.
- Summerbration Fun Brunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Enjoy a performance by a face painter, balloon twister and stilt walker at Reston Station Plaza. The event is free and open to all. Parking is free on weekends in the Metro garage.
Photo via Ed Robichaud
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Herndon teen John Gluck takes his star turn on…
Herndon Police Chief Maggie DeBoard says that the lack of beds in mental health facilities is compounding a mental health crisis and taking much-needed local officers off the streets for…
Portales Aloso waited an hour on Tuesday (Oct. 19) for a Metro train from Reston into D.C. The wait on Wednesday was 20 minutes. He was among countless commuters in…
(Updated at 12:35 p.m.) Reston-based company ScienceLogic is relocating its headquarters. It’s looking to move into the 13th floor office space at 11955 Democracy Drive. That’s the corner building anchored…