The 37th annual Reston Century Bike Tour returns to Reston Town Center on Sunday (August 25).
Riders select routes of 22, 60, 80 or 100 miles — with all routes start and ending at RTC. The event is set to happen rain or shine. A post-ride party will be held in the pavilion for participating cyclists.
Registration is open online.
Tomorrow (August 24)
- Dog Paddle for Small Dogs (10 a.m. to noon) — Dogs under 30 pounds can dip in the pool during this event at the North Hills Recreation Area. Registration is $6 for RA members and $8 for all others. A second session is planned from 2-4 p.m.
- Summer Stem (10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) — Children between ages 9 and 14 can dive into the exciting world of robotics. Registration is open online.
- Summerbration Fun Brunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Enjoy a performance by Rocknoceros at Reston Station Plaza. The event is free and open to all.
- Reston Concerts on the Town (7:30-10 p.m.) — The final “Reston Concerts on the Town” performance brings Empire Strikes Bass to the pavilion at Reston Town Center. Attendees are encouraged to bring a lawn chair or picnic blanket.
Sunday (August 25)
- Dog Paddle for All (10 a.m to noon) — Dogs of all sizes are invited to dip in the pool at North Hills Recreation Area. Female dogs in heat are not permitted and all dogs must remain under control at all times.
- Summerbration Fun Brunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Enjoy a performance by a face painter, balloon twister and stilt walker at Reston Station Plaza. The event is free and open to all. Parking is free on weekends in the Metro garage.
Photo via Ed Robichaud