Lake Thoreau pool won’t be the only pool that’s closed for the 2020 season.
In an email to members, Reston Association announced that North Shore Pool will be closed as well due to planned construction and maintenance projects at and around the facility.
Renovation of the dock at Lake Anne Plaza is set to begin this month. The lake canal and plaza area will also be dredged, according to Reston Association.
The following improvements are planned over the spring and summer:
- Concrete deck repairs
- Re-plaster of main pool
- Replacement of tile and coping stone
- Replacement/upgrade of facility fencing – including installation of railings for the main deck staircase
- Replacement of deck equipment (access chair, lifeguard stands, ladders, railings)
- Replacement of the shade structure
- Replacement of the flooring surface in the bathhouse
- Replacement of cabinets, countertops in the office and bathrooms
RA says that its 13 other pools with remain open with adjusted schedules in order to accommodate members who use the pools at Lake Thoreau or North Shore. Anyone with questions should contact [email protected] for more information.
Lake Thoreau Pool — which was originally built in the 80s — is also set to get a facelift.