State Gov. Ralph Northam recently ordered restaurants, bars, and gym to enforce a 10-person limit in their establishments.
Unlike DC and Maryland where restaurants were ordered to close earlier this week, many local restaurants are continuing operations. Some are open with reduced hours and while others are shifting entirely to carry out and delivery.
Small businesses are reporting financial distress as COVID-19 continues to spread. So far, the county’s health district has 16 confirmed cases — a number that’s expected to rise as more people receive tests.
Here’s a list of spots to check out for takeout and delivery options. Please note that restaurants are updating hours and policies on a daily basis.
Carryout and Delivery
- Amphora: Reduced bakery hours on weekdays from 8 am to 6 pm and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call ahead for curbside delivery
- Ariake: To-go orders only between 11:30 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Bobby’s Bagel Cafe: Carryout and delivery offered
- CAVA: Some locations have closed, but the Reston location is open for pick up orders
- CarPool Herndon: Carryout offered; 10-guest limit for dine-in
- Charred: Customers can grab a $10 cheeseburger with chips and drinks all week.
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant: Foodservice discontinued, but the tasting room remains open
- Elden Street Tea Shop: Customers can place an order online
- Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern: Delivery and pick-up only via Doordash. Free delivery is offered within a 10-mile radius. The kitchen is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Lake Anne Brew House: A new “taproom to go” site was launched yesterday (Thursday)
- Lucia’s Italian Ristorante: The restaurant is also open for dine-in
- Mason’s Famous Lobster Rolls — The owner tells us the Reston Town Center location is open from noon to 7 p.m. Carryout, curbside pickup and free delivery in RTC are available
- Mission BBQ: Open for take-out and delivery only. Free delivery for all orders of $25 or more through March 31
- Founding Farmers: Delivery and takeout offered, with first respondents. Current and formers employees get 50 percent off for curbside pick up orders.
- Finn Thai: Open for dine-in, delivery and carryout
- Glory Days (North Point and Fox Mill Locations) — Carryout, online ordering and delivery
- Gregorio’s Trattoria: Open and also offering delivery and carryout
- Kalypso’s Sports Tavern: Free delivery and takeout
- Mezeh Mediterranean Grill: Pickup and delivery available. Buy one bowl, get one free.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: Takeout offered from noon to 8 p.m. daily. Half off of select wines with purchase of food.
- Nando’s Peri-Peri: Delivery and carryout
- Nordic Knot: Orders can also be placed online
- North Italia: Delivery and carryout offered only
- Silver Diner (11951 Killingsworth Avenue): Carryout, curbside, and delivery online available
- Ted’s Bulletin: Dine-in is open “with strict sanitation and health checks,” according to the company
- The Counter: Online orders open
- The Melting Pot: Reduced hours from Sunday through Thursday, with an early closing time of 9 p.m.
- The Counter: Online orders open
- Virginia Kitchen: Open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Curbside service highly encouraged
- Weird Brothers Coffee: The Worldgate Metro Plaza location is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The roasting factory is open on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on weekends from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The coffee shop is also offering takeout, curbside delivery and local delivery
- Big Bowl
- Bombay Velvet
- Crafthouse: Gifts cards available for purchase online
- Mon Ami Gabi
- Not Your Average Joe’s
- Uncle Julio’s
Help us update this list by commenting below with the name of the business and a link with details
Photo via Lake Anne Brew House/Facebook