The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Reston, Herndon and Great Falls. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Nov. 23)
- Thanksgiving Food Drive (November 1-23) — Patrons, businesses, and organizations are encouraged to drop off non-perishable food and other items at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods (2310 Colts Neck Road) and Lake Anne facilities, the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, and a variety of other drop-off points throughout the community, the website said. View this link to see the most needed items.
Tuesday (Nov. 24)
- Spanish Chat (1-2 p.m.) — Residents can practice Spanish conversation informally online at this virtual event, which is organized by Great Falls Library. A Zoom invite will be sent to registered participants one day before the discussion.
Friday (Nov. 27)
- Chocolate Factory Band (7 p.m.) — The Chocolate Factory Band will grace the stage of P.J. Mulligan’s once again. Patrons are encouraged to come early as COVID-19 restrictions will be in effect at the location (2310 Woodland Crossing Drive).
Saturday (Nov. 28)
- Carriage Rides (November 28 – December 19) – 4-9 p.m. at Reston Town Center (11900 Market St.) – For $30, enjoy a journey along the streets of Reston Town Center and benefit local charities, the website said. The carriage will depart from the Pavilion on Market Street. Groups are limited to five people and masks are required. To register, use this link.
Sunday (Nov. 29)
- Train Rides (November 29 – December 20) – 12-3:45 p.m. at Reston Town Center (11900 Market St.) – For $20, enjoy a mini train ride with the family through the streets of Reston Town Center and benefit local charities, the website said. The train will depart from the Pavilion on Market Street. Groups are limited to four people and masks are required. To register, use this link.
Photo by Wade Gilley
A portable mini golf course at Fairfax Corner (staff photo by Jay Westcott) State Senate Candidate Almost Fired by FCPD — “Republican state Senate candidate Bill Woolf, who is running in…
Downtown Herndon is slated for redevelopment into a mixed-use community (staff photo by Fatimah Waseem) The redevelopment of downtown Herndon — a long-delayed partnership between the Town of Herndon and…
Altria Group’s headquarters in Richmond (courtesy Altria Group Inc.) Fairfax County Public Schools will receive money to support student wellness after settling its portion of a class action lawsuit against…
County planners and consultants meet with Lake Anne Residential Condominium Association members to discuss the future of Lake Anne (courtesy Hunter Mill District Office) Planning efforts to determine an economic…