Monday, Jan. 4
- Equity Matters — Reston Community Center’s CenterStage will screen Harriet, a movie about Harriet Tubman. The show, which is free, begins at 10 a.m. Registration is required.
Tuesday, Jan. 5
- Housing Discussion — The Herndon Town Council is hosting a discussion on housing policy tomorrow. The panel discussion, which begins at 10 a.m. online, will feature comments by a panel of three experts, including state Sen. Barbara Favola, state Sen. Jennifer Boysko, and Jeff Gore, a consultant who represents clients involved in housing issues. Anyone who wishes to participate can register online.
Wednesday, Jan. 6
- Reston Farmers Market — Enjoy fresh produce and farm favorites at the Reston Farmers Market, which is located at 11900 Lawyers Road.
Thursday, Jan. 7
Mathnasium Open House — The center’s directors will take part in an hour-long discussion on the program from 6-7 p.m. via Zoom.
Saturday, Jan. 9
- Make a Bird Feeder — Learn how to make a bird feeder while learning about different kinds of birds at Lake Fairfax Park. The workshop takes place from 1-2 p.m.
Planning for a New Baby — Reston Hospital Center is hosting a virtual session from 10 a.m. to noon on how to prepare for your baby.
Sunday, Jan 10
- Raptors Up Close — In this activity for all ages, residents will explore nature with naturalists at the Walker Nature Center from 2-3 p.m. Registration is required online.
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Reston Station (file photo) Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…
Jersey Mike’s is set to open at Seneca Corner in Great Falls (courtesy Republic Land Development) Another fast food option will soon be open in Great Falls. Jersey Mike’s Subs…