The county has a website where anyone can snap up something Fairfax County no longer needs — from a police car to office furniture to electronics.
Fairfax County says it started the program to emphasize environmental, economic, and social responsibility in the disposal of Fairfax County’s surplus items. The county shops the items around to other departments first, then offers up the items to the public. Some of the items are donated to non-profits.
The items are sold via auction on the website — and you never know what you are going to find. Some of the most unusual items currently for auction:
- Children’s play stove (min. bid $15)
- Radio vehicle charger (min. bid $100)
- 21″ TV (Min bid. $5)
- Road tractor (current bid $7,500)
- 2007 Crown Victoria (current bid $2,500)
- 25 student desks (current bid $15.50)
Visit Fairfax County’s Public Surplus site for more items.