Everyone moves at least once in his/her life. The process of moving always becomes a matter that requires considerable moral and material efforts. There are a slew of helpful hints to follow that can take a move from stressful to simple.
Here are our top 10 tips for your next move:
- Start planning your move in advance. Get acquainted with the variety of fees movers may charge, call a few moving companies and pick a reliable mover. Do not leave everything until the last moment.
- Pay attention on the phone. Phone consultations matter–get a feel as to whether the operator ready to answer any questions and describe in detail the conditions of work with this company or not.
Also, check with the company:
- How the cost of your moving is calculated;
- If the services of loaders are included in the total price;
- Assembly-disassembly of things and other additional services of the mover.
- Estimate the costs. Add up the price of your moving company, the amount of packaging materials, Conduct an audit of the property that is to be transported.
- Take care with packing materials. As a rule, use plastic bags for packaging clothes, cardboard boxes for packing dishes, appliances, books, bubble wrap for packing furniture and stretch tape for upholstered furniture.
- Save money and DIY. If you want to reduce the cost of your moving, try as much as possible to do everything you can without movers. Pack all the boxes, disassemble the furniture, sell or throw away what you don’t want or need. This way, you can significantly reduce the amount of work and save on moving.
- Move the small stuff yourself. If you have a car, transfer what you can to your new place. This will reduce the time you have to pay movers for, and with it, the cost.
- Care for your belongings. Arrange the transportation of your belongings under your care. You can accompany the truck with your things in your own car or in the cabin of a truck.
- Monitor your movers. At the time of loading and unloading of your possessions, carefully watch the job your movers are doing. The furniture van must meet all the requirements for the transport of furniture; in particular, it should be equipped with straps for securing furniture.
- Don’t wait if you have complaints. If, at the end of your move, you have noticed that the furniture has acquired some defects and scratches even though it was packed, bring it up promptly with the manager of the company.
- Saving money isn’t everything. Remember that excessive savings in moving may bring counterproductive consequences for you. You get what you pay for, so don’t compromise on poor service for your belongings if you don’t have to.
Moving does not have to be as awful as people so often describe it. It’s important to choose the right approach for you and your family, and to turn to professionals. VA Movers can help you be more successful in your move. We approach to every relocation individually and can help you not only with both moving services and advice. Hire professionals if you prefer to move quickly and efficiently with a company you can trust.
This post was written and sponsored by VA Movers.